Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, not sure if you guys saw my post on that "other" board that is mostly interested in C900 stuff, but I have installed the custom stainless exhaust headers I got from SQR recently and I can't wait to get this thing up and running. Besides looking great, it should flow really well. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
S-W-E-E-T !!!

How much?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
BLING BLING!
everytime I come around your city
BLING BLING!
exhuast header worth a million-fifty

BLING BLING!
everytime I customize a Saab
BLING BLING!
some sick mods, to make your jaws drop
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I could not resist I am in one of those silly moods today.

Looks really nice!. all that chrome... :shock: :D or is that jet-hot coated?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a polished stainless steal header baby! The valve cover is polished aluminum. All that polish makes the wind slip by like a knife through buttah!

Just kidding, but I think it makes for a real clean look.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
KevinY said:
Thats a polished stainless steal header baby! The valve cover is polished aluminum. All that polish makes the wind slip by like a knife through buttah!

Just kidding, but I think it makes for a real clean look.
Yeah - I think that's what my body guy is doing to my VC as well - the polished Alluminum - wish I could get it chromed... :p :lol:

Looks fucking awesome - no BS - that thing means business - Nordic better watch out! :twisted: :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
that is so tight....SQR selling those...?

looks pretty solid, from what I can make out of it... Hard to tell that the runners are even ...but looks like it will spill some pretty effective exhaust on that monster turbo I'm sure your considering by now..

Maybe this is the answer for those of us pushing up past 300hp, and made thick to help resist cracking. Looks like it will also help balance temps across all 4 better....and in stainless too :wink: that is so NIIIIIIICe.

Man, all you seem to do is work on CF, and this mystery ride ...., Looks like your setting a new standard for us to follow.., and sounds like it will be awesome.. :shock: 8)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Before you get it up and running, Eastwood makes a clear-coat kit for aluminum that would keep the valvecover from getting all oxidized looking.

It makes it stay mirror-polished permanently, and you never have to re-polish to get the clean look, just wash it off. 8)

Here's a link: http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/...mType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=Clear+Coat+Barrier

Eastwood also makes a polishing kit for anyone else interested in doing the same in the future: http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/...DUCT&iMainCat=433&iSubCat=436&iProductID=1000

Sweet stuff. I take it you decided against the twin-scroll option. Still though, the headers look good. :)

Stainless steel doesn't need a ceramic coating since it only conducts 1/10 or so the heat of mild steel, and even less compared to cast iron of similar thickness. Also if it's 304 or 321 stainless, coating the outside only would over-heat the metal. (321 has a rated service temp in air of 1652F, so it needs to be able to shed heat into the outside-air if the EGT goes above that, which it will even on many stock Trionic Saabs.) You could coat inside and outside, but most companies reccomend against that since the coating could come off and chew up the turbine.

Sorry for long post. Can't wait to see pictures/videos of this thing runnin'!

Adrian~

·
10,303 Posts
Is this a custom part, or something SQR stocks for us underlings? :lol:

And how much would us mere mortals pay for such bueaty?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Those headers look amazing. Very nice.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Kevin nice job, keep up the work.

Do you have some info on the headers? Would it be possible to call SQR and ask for the same thing done? Or is this just something that they did for your project and they don't usually offer this service?

What BOV are you going to be using and Wastgate> <<<Tial>>??

Also with the picture I posted from your site below, are you having your pulleys wheels machined? Do you have a company that does this; I would be interested for the same thing.

Anyway the car is looking awesome.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While Frank (SQR) did make this up custom for me, I believe you can get the same through SpeedParts. As far as waste gate and BOV, both are going to be HKS. You can actually get the machined pullies through a place in NC, but I cannot remember the name now. I will get back to you on that one.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
what size external gate is that going to be.. i like the flange comin off the side.... and also are u going to dump waste gate to atmosphere or re route it into the exhaust

1 - 14 of 14 Posts