Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a 2000 9-3 4dr SE HOT, just trying to upgrade the lighting. I am looking to put some decent HIDs and some yellow fogs. What do you guys recommend. I have searched all over the internet for a decent set but there always seems to be a problem with the error codes that the SID displays. Anyone had success with their kits and if so which ones? What about yellow fogs? Are they possible as HID? or would they look good as yellow halogens and HID headlights?

Oh and will they melt the plastic?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow

I bought a saab because I love the styling and performance. I guess I was wrong about your "fan" forums.

So let me guess saabkid37, you were picked on as a kid so you think its cool to respond to like that without even reading what the hell I posted?!

I am deeply offended by your reply saabkid37 as your lack of reading my post clearly shows your ignorance.

"I have searched all over the internet for a decent set but there always seems to be a problem with the error codes that the SID displays."

I believe that clearly states that I HAVE SEARCHED THIS SUBJECT ON THE WEB AND ON HERE!

Last time I checked, the forums are a place where fellow enthusiasts go to for help if they are having problems answering certain problems.

That response is enough to send my car on its way for sale...

I barely post here and this the freagin response I get for asking a question that I have already "SEARCHED."

Good Day.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
lol, looks like you searched real hard, there is a lot of good information in that thread, and I know for a fact there are a few other threads on HID's. Found this in about a second, just search "HID"

http://www.saablink.net/forum/customizing-your-ng900-old-9-3/46756.htm

NightHawkRacing said:
another lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
And since you toss the word upgrade in, I have never heard of a set of fogs, white or yellow that actually worked.

R&T and C&D used to do tests on this stuff and came up with essentially nothing that really helps in fog.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Thanks a bunch for pointing me in the right direction. I really appreciate all the help. If you guys are ever in Fl and find yourselves caught in a traffic situation, I would be more than happy to help ya guys out ;)

ahem....FHP drive Saabs too ya know ;)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I am happy with DDM tuning kits. They are US based and have for what I can tell, good quality products. (not the raptor, the apex ones), and very courteous reps to talk to.

I have yellow fogs, 9006 bulbs fit, just need a thicker o-rings and to file down the mounting tabs to match the stock connectors so it fits..and a little bit of knowing your way around a crimp tool.

For the main beams I have a bixenon kit with e-code lenses, but honestly for that one you would be better off doing the retrofit mod. The bixenon bulbs are insanely unreliable. Note, mine aren't from DDM, they're an ebay set that I've had replaced under warranty two times now, DDM's might be better, but at this point if mine crap out I will just do the projector.

FWIW I have 6000K headlights, and yellow fogs dont look all that great. Im gonna get a 6000K set for my fogs to match.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
I am deeply offended by your reply saabkid37 as your lack of reading my post clearly shows your ignorance.
nope, i 100% read your post...laughed...and then decided that was the most i could muster for a reply since it was blatantly apparent you didnt search this site since it is a topic that has been covered 1000 times.

if that was enough to sell your car...wow

and no i wasnt picked on as i kid, i was always bigger than everyone.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
im not directing this solely at you, but somewhat in general...

there is a god damn SEARCH button for a reason.
chill dude.:roll:

I bought a saab because I love the styling and performance. I guess I was wrong about your "fan" forums.

So let me guess saabkid37, you were picked on as a kid so you think its cool to respond to like that without even reading what the hell I posted?!

"I have searched all over the internet for a decent set but there always seems to be a problem with the error codes that the SID displays."

I believe that clearly states that I HAVE SEARCHED THIS SUBJECT ON THE WEB AND ON HERE!

Last time I checked, the forums are a place where fellow enthusiasts go to for help if they are having problems answering certain problems.

I barely post here and this the freagin response I get for asking a question that I have already "SEARCHED."

Good Day.
You'll be alright here, you'll come to find out theres alot of users on here that have permanent pms and not enough tampons.

Heres a thread with some of my work in it, the kit i bought came with a small halogeon light attached to each HID for "high beam" this light does absolutely NOTHING for you except pass you for inspection. I went this route knowing id loose my high beam BUT, going that route will not give you the SID message on every start up and will fit better. The kit cost me just under 50$, im going on a year with them in, and so far not having high beams has not been a problem since the lows are bright enough, and ive only been flashed from oncoming drivers 3 times within a year..... So its your call. Hope this helps, good luck!

http://www.saablink.net/forum/customizing-your-ng900-old-9-3/43901.htm#post681605

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
This is not Honda-Tech, or the Vortex.

Stop posting like it is, or stop posting.
beware of the bitch smacking beard*

but seriously guys lets not end up with the toolbag rep the other more "popular" car brands have (vw, honda, bimmer, etc...)
i mean we strive to be a diff, more classy bunch. lets keep it that way

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
beware of the bitch smacking beard*

but seriously guys lets not end up with the toolbag rep the other more "popular" car brands have (vw, honda, bimmer, etc...)
i mean we strive to be a diff, more classy bunch. lets keep it that way
One of th main principals behind that is to educate new people to search and not clutter the place with threads on something that's been beaten to death a la ht and vortexs clusterfahks.

Kthanks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.