Saab Link Forums banner

HID bulbs for sale

187 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  PimpMyPc 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I have two sets for sale:

A set of 9006 3000K bulbs (yellow), brand new from DDM tuning. These actually fit the OG9-3 fog lights if you sand down the tabs on the bulbs to match what the tabs on the stock connectors look like (they are angled). Some wire splicing is required for this, dont do it if you're not comfortable with crimping wires.

Also a set of H1 6000K bulbs (hyper white), also DDM tuning brand new. These don't fit any Saab that I know of, but may fit your other cars (civics, and whatnot I think). (I know OG9-3 uses H1 fog light bulbs but these do not work with it)

Make sure you check fitment, not my fault if you buy them and they dont fit. I am more than happy to provide pictures of any angle of the bulbs on request.

Again, these are just bulbs, no ballasts or relays.

Either one $16 shipped.

#3 · (Edited)
Yes but no, as far as im aware the 9-5 fogs are the same in essence as 9-3 fogs, and they do use H1 hallogen bulbs, but the bulb is inserted into that L shaped connector. This is impossible to do with H1 HID bulbs because they have the wires coming out of them.

#7 ·
This is a standard H1 halogen:

This is the fog light connector:

you can see how the H1 bulb is inserted into the connector, and the connector then twists in to the fog light housing.

This is an H1 HID bulb:

clearly as you can see, there is no way to stick that into the connector. Also the circumfirence of the bulb is much smaller than that of the connector.

The only way I can think of is maybe seal the bulb into the housing with hot glue or some sort of putty, and crimp the wires. That might work. If you go that route, definitely take pictures :)

#8 ·
Yeah, I am not afraid.

From looking at it, I could hollow out some of those factory bulb connectors and run the wires through it. That would hold the bulb in, and I would just adapt the power to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.