Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Toronto

I'm new to Saab ownership (bought it in August). I've been hanging out at saabnet and saabcentral, and I just learned about this site. Very impressed so far (wish there could be more 9-5 traffic, though)

Anyway, I just got banned from saabnet for "anti-saab comments" (complaining about GM's lack of recall for the DI modules), so hopefully, I can feed my addiction here :)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
ha ha ha - yeah, we've all been banned from one place or another :lol: Welcome aboard! We won't ban you for speaking your mind, mayby flame you, but that's about all. lol Post some pics of the ride man - u have a 9-5 wagon? I love those. I have my mom convinced on one, now all they need to do is come down in price :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm , pics..... I'm in winter mode right now (black steelies and a nice crusty layer of salt) so when I get her back to summer mode (and clean!) I'll post. I've been happy with it so far (despite the one DI failure). I just need to save up for mods.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm glad i skipped saabnet and came straight here, sounds like an 'orrible place it does. Welcome aboard! Don't worry about the low level of 9-5 traffic, this place seems to be growing by leaps and bounds all the time, and with the reasonable staff we wont be losing good people for dumb reasons.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It failed at 48,737 kms (30,284miles). Left me stranded on the LEFT shoulder of the highway :x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the repair was covered but get this: GM Roadside assist reimburses for your towing expeses. Their policy is that they will tow 50km or $100 (Canadian). Well, I was towed 47km, but the total cost of the tow was $289!!!! And guess what? Yup, they'll only pay $100 - even though they acknowledged that their DI was faulty, I'm still responsible for $189 of the tow :x

·
10,303 Posts
Yikes, sounds like you need a membership to CAA. I had my Buick trailored 99.6 miles, and didn't have to pay a cent. 100 is when they start charging $3 a mile.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
Yikes, sounds like you need a membership to CAA. I had my Buick trailored 99.6 miles, and didn't have to pay a cent. 100 is when they start charging $3 a mile.
You just have to be a sweet-talker on the phone. I've gotten AAA to break about every rule they have about towing within the last few years. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts