Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Eric,

I read your letter in the latest copy of Turbo magazine. Well written, hopefully it can bring more attention to us Saab modifiers.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
What did it say?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a rather long letter, I almost didn't read it until I notice "900 SE". He went on about how Saabs are a very solid and affrdable foundation for modifying. He mentioned Yankton's project as well as what I believe is a 400 plus hp 9-5 out West.

If you are near a magazine stand/store have a look at the letters section, you can't miss his letter.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe so, I had never bought the magazine before. I needed change and the store I went to insisted that I buy something so I grabbed the magazine. I thought it was pretty funny when I opened it up and there was a letter concerning Saabs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I do not know any one with a scanner. I will ask around though.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
tahts awsoem...i read i think it was eurotuner with a 900 viggen swap..i forget whos it was..i think he was from the east cost..deffinitly gunna read erics letter tho!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
if u r talkin about a blue classic 900, that is jeff... it says that it is a viggen and it has a viggen motor blah blah blah... its NOT!!!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
what do you meen its not? the engine said viggen on it...it had a roll cage and viggen blue, from what i can remember.....

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
iwantaviggen said:
what do you meen its not? the engine said viggen on it...it had a roll cage and viggen blue, from what i can remember.....
so If i put a 2.3 Valve Cover on my 2.0/2.1 that makes me have a Viggen motor?

He has a 2.0 block bored or something to a 2.2L with a 2.3 head I believe. The VC is just from a Viggen - that car only laid down 240whp and like 265ft/lbs torque - pretty good, but looking at that motor and car I'd expect a lot more :shock:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
so u r telling me that all those civics that say type r on them are type rs? and all the other cars with badges on them means that thats what they r..... it would not be worth the money to put a viggen motor in a c900, with all the electronics,and doesnt jeff have a distributor and wires, something viggens never had... c'mon dude there are so many conflicting things in the article about jeff's car man.... a 2.1liter viggen?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I can't belive they printed it. I worte that several months ago.

wow, I still need to get a copy.

Eric

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Yeah... I am verry impressed... good job with that one ERP... way to do your part for the saab community.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Eric,

Media people often complain that they don't get many well-written letters that show both knowledge and passion. That letter had both.

Excellent job...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Wow Eric..

Excellent article. I just want to say thank you VERY much for the acknowledgement to our forum. I think that as well as the numbers you showed, will spark a many others to check out Saabs and Saab forums.

Very nice. Keep it up man.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
iwantaviggen said:
so If i put a 2.3 Valve Cover on my 2.0/2.1 that makes me have a Viggen motor?

He has a 2.0 block bored or something to a 2.2L with a 2.3 head I believe. The VC is just from a Viggen - that car only laid down 240whp and like 265ft/lbs torque - pretty good, but looking at that motor and car I'd expect a lot more :shock:
SO HE LIED!! OOOOOO i hate liars!!

dam thats gay if he told the mag a false fact about his car...it was someone from maine i belive

1 - 20 of 24 Posts