Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a quote by GM taken from the saabnet preformance bb:
"Well, after talking to Stephan & Dave from Lesco/Group9 we all decided to go with Lesco cams instead of the cams I purchased from Sweden as well as Lesco's dual valve springs.
Thus, at 14 PSI the car now develops a little over 300 whp however there is boost creep to 21+ psi. Looks like the turbosmart external wastegate cannot flow enough air to keep up with the turbo so I am going to switch over to a larger Tial WG & also use larger pipeing for the WG exhaust.
This should eliminate the boost creep & allow me to set the PSI at a higher level & more importantly not have any boost creep at 14 psi. Also, the shop states add 30% to the whp # to get crank HP so I am really close to 400 crank HP with a 7200 RPM mak limit. I am going to need a LSD."

:shock: :shock: :shock: all i can say is holy sh*t :twisted:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
c900, i am pretty sure cause in another post he was talking about using a 4-speed trans

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
snce when is a 250bhp SPG a "monster" :lol: That's just enough power for daily use - 300+ from a 4 banger is "MONSTER" levels - come on 200+ please - there's stock cars with more :p :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the lesco man. He wants to prevent it from exceeding 14psi, so he can allow it to exceed it later. :lol:

He needs to spend more time with engines :roll:

I pump 22 and had to try. Since I'm running the hydraulic lifters and not some rollers I wouldn't even think of altering the red line. With all his efforts, one would think he could reprogram his injection to deal with the drift. Substitute a newer TPI .
How about lifting his foot off the peddle? :idea:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Boost creep happens when the wastegate cannot flow enough to maintian the boost pressure you are asking for. Basically the wastegate is fully open yet boost is continuing to rise. In this situation you no longer have control of the boost pressure and that's a bad thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts