Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YOU ARE ALL RUNNING AT 14.7 PSI!!!!! yeah, that's right, 14.7 psi

~justin

·
Administrator
668 Posts
LMAO!!!!! well it depends.... if you live above or below sea level it could be more or less!! just think... you could be running 15 PSI!!!! :shock:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we can increase it be going below sealevel, i wonder how much it'd take to get an extra .5 psi, i know new orleans is bellow sea level, and death valley in ca, but i dunno if it's enough

~justin

·
Administrator
668 Posts
get a turbo...

·
Registered
251 Posts
get one of those "electric turbos" off ebay......lol.

I hope u know im kidding

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it is the standard atmospheric air pressure at sea level.

boxerchip, can i put a turbo on my na car? what'll happen?

~justin

·
Administrator
668 Posts
yeah you could..... it would be expensive as shit... but you could do it

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Actually im sure you can put on a turbo pretty easily. Of course you'd need a Viggen intercooler and Viggen Turbo, but it thats pretty much it. Cause you have the 2.3Liter Engine...which is the same as the Viggen (I think)

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
but you need a new ECU, you are currently running the saab/bosch N/A ECU
the viggen has the T7 ECU, which you would need for a good setup, other wise, i can only see problems

·
Administrator
668 Posts
yeah... you could do it... but it would be just as easy to sell your car and buy a new one....

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if i were to keep my car, would it work if i put in the viggen ecu, viggen turbo, viggen intercooler, and viggen exhaust and intake, would that be all it takes to work? will the internals be able to handle it?

~justin

·
Registered
112 Posts
i've heard that you might blow your engine up, just because there aren't many parts for the NA to beef up your engine. but alot of custom work, and yea, it would be easier to buy a new car.

but if you did get the turbo going, whos to know how much psi you could run through it, probably not full compasity. personally i don't think its worth the trouble.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well... if the 2.3 has all the same internals as the viggen, which more than likely it does, than i'm sure if i just put the intercooler, turbo, exhaust, and ecu from a viggen in, it should work just fine, right?

and would it be cheaper to just put stuff from the 2.0 turbo on there, since they are more readily available? sure it wouldn't be as fast, but it'd be faster than what i have now. or would that just not work at all?

and i know intercoolers are really expensive, what would happen if i didn't use one? i know the air would be hot, really hot, going into the engine, but would it be bad for it?

~justin

·
Registered
112 Posts
When air is compressed, it heats up, and when air heats up, it expands. so some of the pressure increase from a turbocharger is the result of heating the air before it goes into the engine. in order to increase the power of the engine, the goal is to get more air molecules into the cylinder. this means that if the turbochagder is operating at a boost of 7 psi, the intercooled ststem will put in 7 psi of cooler air, which is denser and contains more air molecules than warmer air.

The turbo provides compressed air that flows to the intercooler, than the air that passes through it chills the air and allows the eninge to burn more fuel and air, by packing more into the existing cylinders.

it's just like nitrous, a cold shot of NO2.

i guess you could try it without an intercooler, but i don't think that is a good idea, your car "might" be fun for a while before something went.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok, so how much is a viggen intercool, turbo, intake pipes and such, stock viggen ecu, and stock exhaust

~justin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts