Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
the price is kinda high for a beat viggen but it's got ooh so many nice features, i wish i could just buy the seats and front bumper

i know abdukted wants that battery cover 8)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Ohhh .., now this just breaks my heart, and i really hope no one was hurt in such a beautiful car....ouch :cry: ....okay enough of that... wonder if the owner wants to sell his turbo, those seats...oh yea...the seats.., what about that front bumper.., I can get that painted dark green..., find a bumper and have a nice look..., he won't be needing that tranny either...ahh the motor, the entire motor.., with ECU yoo hoo.., the works...., what about those wheels, and brake disc...hmmm tasty.., very tasty...I can use that IC to build the ultimate one...he won't need that either.. okay that's enough... whew, I get a little excited about seeing a good parts car.. 8)

regards

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
saabvos said:
the price is kinda high for a beat viggen but it's got ooh so many nice features, i wish i could just buy the seats and front bumper

i know abdukted wants that battery cover 8)
I would take the interior and front bumper, too!

Hey Saabvos, why would I want the "beer can cooler" style battery cover? :?: :? I have the newer style plastic one that is easier to keep clean! and mine could possibly be made into a nice CF cover or painted blue very easily. :idea: :D

or did you mean the engine cover that has gone missing in some of my recent engine bay pics? A nice gentlemen in California has discovered the runaway part in his garage! He says he will send it to me soon. :wink: :lol:

Oh and aren't these supposed to have the pink type of coolant? And WHY is there a RED DI in there????? yikes.... :shock: i thought all Viggens were t7.

·
Registered
745 Posts
maybe using that di cassette off of a t5 is what stalled the car to cause the rear-end collision.... :lol:

Abdukted,
your right...I have'nt seen any Viggens with the red Cassette, but the head clearly reads "Viggen" on it. Maybe the owner was trying to get around the cost of replacing one..

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
u know what i think happened, the company that is selling the car sold the di seperately since they could make more money off it....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey Saabvos, why would I want the "beer can cooler" style battery cover? I have the newer style plastic one that is easier to keep clean! and mine could possibly be made into a nice CF cover or painted blue very easily.
i thought you wanted the beer can cooler style battery cover
i guess i was wrong :oops:

and what engine cover are you referring to, the cover that goes around the oil cap?

i took mine off....weight reduction :roll: :roll:

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
saabvos said:
i thought you wanted the beer can cooler style battery cover
nah, everytime I have seen the lunchbox cooler style ones they are filthy! :shock: I think the "fabric" type material is a grease magnet and seems it would be hard to clean. Mine is hard flat plastic and wipes clean with a cloth!a little degreaser, water rinse, and detail spray, and it shines! :D .

I have my shades on because the shine is blinding me.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

I think it looks more "neat", too. Look, so clean you could eat off of it! :lol: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
461 Posts
I want the viggen sooo bad. Gimme gimme gimme. Quick someone give me the money to buy it. If you do I'll write you a huge thank you note and make you dinner and maybe a fruit cake.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Just asked the seller a question, his reply,

The reserve is set below $5000. Yes I noticed someone painted the ingition coil cover red and some of the paint is chipping off. Thanks!
Somebody just replaced it, it would be chipping black underneath if it was painted.

How much do you think that would cost to fix that car? 3k?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ah, we got a 2001 convertible cheaper. :D

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Ya the spoilers are wicked expensive, i found a place that has the a whole rear Viggen blue hatch with glass and Spoiler for $600 though, so you just need to look around a little bit. The spoiler in the picture looks like its fine though. The frame might be bent, it looks like that was a crazy hard hit. Other then that the car is in wicked shape.

Anybody want to go half and half on that viggen spoiler and hatch that i found, i want the hatch.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Well the hatch is about 5 hours away from me, almost near you really, so i guess i could meet you somewere.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Where abouts is it located? I dunno if I have the funds available right away...But I'm sure someone would kick up on this offer. And I am leaning more towards the EVO Spoiler available from Taliaferro.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Well all the info is that its in PA right now. I'm not sure if i have the money for it right now, but i know it has been at this palce fora long time now, so i;m not worried about somebody getting it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts