Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few tries with photoshop I ended at this. Now I need body guy that can do that kind of work in a clean way. any one know a shop within an hour of 11217.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue Star Brothers?

Services
Really? Have they done any work like that before? you know 99.9% of the shops in NYC flip cars quickly and won't invest in that kind of work. This is a job that needs a talented body guy who would do it on the side or a small shop that does not do rushed work. I definitely don't want to end up with a car made out of Bondo. However I would be interested in hearing what they would have to say.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
mySaab900 is a body work expert. he can be trusted.

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
You probably want a guy who is into restoration type work and not a collision repair shop. The guy who did the work on my 900 back in September is into that kind of stuff....but I'm guessing the Albany area is a bit farther than you'd want to go...

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Two dog legs (cut and weld-rust repair), roll both rear fenders, paint both rear quarter panels, trunk floor, customize rear decor panel...

Ask for Phil... Latch's Auto Inc

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You probably want a guy who is into restoration type work and not a collision repair shop. The guy who did the work on my 900 back in September is into that kind of stuff....but I'm guessing the Albany area is a bit farther than you'd want to go...
I really don't mind a bit longer drive if I am sure I will get a super job for a decent price. I will give him a call. I know I will need to talk to a few guys and hear what they have to say and how they intend to do it.

·
10,303 Posts
Two dog legs (cut and weld-rust repair), roll both rear fenders, paint both rear quarter panels, trunk floor, customize rear decor panel...

Sweet, I am going to need som good body work on my 99. I will have to get in touch.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

I really don't mind a bit longer drive if I am sure I will get a super job for a decent price. I will give him a call. I know I will need to talk to a few guys and hear what they have to say and how they intend to do it.
I would say it's worth the drive to have a good job done, one that somebody has had first hand experience with, it sounds like mcrowley had pretty extensive work done, and like said before you dont want aa shop thats used to collision repair for 16 y/o girls, you want somebody who takes pride in their work. Too many places get away with insufficient bodywork. If I were you, I would call them up, explain what you have in mind, and send them photos of your car pre photoshop, and post photoshop, and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I think it would look better if the fenders had more of a E30 M3 or whatever that aussie 900 turbo was.....

While it's being worked on.... have them do a tube frame up front & throw the trans away & have them make it so you can fit a proper reliable trans in there..... if I had the funds that's what my old car would of seen. Engine/trans turned 90 degrees & a reliable non C900 trans installed.....

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think it would look better if the fenders had more of a E30 M3 or whatever that aussie 900 turbo was.....

While it's being worked on.... have them do a tube frame up front & throw the trans away & have them make it so you can fit a proper reliable trans in there..... if I had the funds that's what my old car would of seen. Engine/trans turned 90 degrees & a reliable non C900 trans installed.....
That or maybe I should just buy an evo or something.... LOL. I have been doing much better with gear boxes in the past 8 years. Last one lasted me 5 years then shredded cluster gear in forth because i was a bit low on oil ( yup that happened, what a shame) . a change of driving habits and putting a 89+ gear box makes a difference, I have 3 spares just in case. and BTW I don't have the money either. I would be in a 911 turbo if I did. or a Renault 5 turbo 1. I still love my Saab though..... a Lot :).

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

here are two more versions i did earlier also check out this car.

Saab Central - Features: 'Max Power' Saab 900 Turbo

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Yes, what I had done was fairly extensive. Like you I was very concerned about it being done right. The gentlemen who did the work for me has been doing it for a long time and he also said enjoyed doing that type of work. Fwiw, he was doing a TVR body for a tube frame chassis car plus an old Thunderbird while my car was there...

·
Registered
407 Posts
These fenders are from fiberglass molds. Don't know who has the molds, but they are out there somewhere.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts