Saab Link Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Listen old timer.....I appreciate your craftsmanship, and willingness to jump in to projects that few have tackled like the cool interior light upgrades, the rack rebuild, the cat cleaning, the uber cool 9000 to 900 rear seat mod, and I am sure there are others. Its motivating. It honestly is, and after you post how well this cleaning seems to have unclogged the carbon buildup, I will add it to my list of stuff to do this winter.

Don't for a second though, preach like you are doing a restoration on your car, and that everyone who raises a question or points out something they don't dig, is a dick. You have a 900 that you are rebuilding. NOT restoring. Not by any stretch of the imagination, whatsoever. You throw around drive-by slang like "where are the saabs on your cruise?" when there isn't a c900 in the bunch, at the same time you strip your car of plastic interior bits and an LH ignition system. Isn't that making your car less of a SAAB? When does a
"Saab" no longer become a "Saab"?

I could put a list together of things that I don't like about your car, but that's my personal opinion. I would hope you'd value it, as much as you value your own opinion in how your car looks and is coming together. You have a lot of time in this car, and I commend you for giving it your own twist. I personally am a purist, and want my car to look like it did in 1991. That's my flavor. I don't hate on someone telling me I should have an airflow kit, or Aero seats. I like my OEM 900 fixins just fine despite there being newer and better options out there.

Don't hate me for my opinion on what you have done, and I won't hate you for your opinion of my car. I value the obvious wrenching skills you have, and the motivation to work on a 900. It takes a weird person to love a classic 900.

As you are, this site has no shortage of guys with huge mouths who simply use their checkbook to turn a wrench, and I get a huge kick out of it. Usually the mechanical updates include someone swapping new wheels onto their BMW (done by a friend at his shop no doubt. We can't get our own fingers dirty, can we?) This is a site of dreamers, jokers, and occasionally someone with technical knowhow who's willing to share a trick or two. Thanks for what you've contributed.

Love me, hate me, etc. I have thick skin. Post your stuff for the guys who appreciate the cool technical stuff like me. Ignore the fly-by comments.

Sincerely....

~another old timer

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Saabeh go Drink more of your special hater potion cause my CaT is clean and sorry to say but it will work

Now go throw yourself of a bridge you nuckin idiot!

You can tell my CAT doesn't work from where you are; lol!!!!!

Amazing how smart you are...

Thanks for fuckin up a totally useful thread. Men should not carry the female trait of jealousy.

Back to business...

Mod close this shit. It's useless trying to help fuckin idiots...

probably don't have a pic or 2 of what it looked like inside, before do you? seeing as you are the only one to get a good pre and post view, would you say it was a major cleaning, or tough to tell?

the exterior difference is amazing.....it would be cool to know if the interior had the same thing happen.

also........any description on how to rinse it? do you just air dry and hope for the best? douche it with water?

I don't see why it wouldn't work, I never made that indication. It probably works great, but its easier and cheaper to just throw a test pipe in.
Saabeh go Drink more of your special hater potion cause my CaT is clean and sorry to say but it will work
Habla inglés? I never said anything about your chemicals not working. Work on your reading comprehension.

Takes an asshole like you to boil people's blood. If you didn't have anything constructive to add just keep your idiot comments to self.
Now go throw yourself of a bridge you nuckin idiot!
You're a self righteous prick with literally nothing to add to this community that isn't already there. We love nice restored c900's around here, but we don't like dickhead owners who's shit don't stink.

Ironically, Mike D is a long time friend of mine. I doubt he would want to hold your hand through almost every single electrical project on your car with you being such an aggressive douche.

AnD whY do YOU alwaYS typE like THIS?

he also said F this place like a week ago when he was throwing a tantrum in his build thread... guy dishes out an awful lot of criticism for not even being able to answer a potentially constructive question when someone asks one. Instead he just flies off the handles and calls us all kool aid drinking haters.

Saabeh, are you bringing the kool aid to SiS? I've never tried any, does it come in multiple flavors?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.