Saab Link Forums banner

Help with suspension

996 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  saabtrix 
The far north racing page coilovers look pretty decent. I would guess you would need to get the upper mount plate fabricated for the saab and some mounting bracket to connect to the wheel hub. Im pretty sure theres some complex math behind calculating which springs to put according to your weight and other stuff like that, thats were I'd get worried. Other than that the machining and everything else seems pretty doable.

Yeah I figured i'd basically use the same design he posted for the upper mount plate, except redrill it to fit the 9k. As for the hub bracket, that's why I was wondering about simply modifying an existing strut by removing the plate the spring sits on, but thereby leaving the lower bracket. I know there are calculators out there for the spring weights and such, and I figured I'd post here in case anyone had already done some research, or tested any professional coilovers. Thanks for the input!
Im not sure if you would actually use the same koni's you would use for aero's. If you did I guess you could use the lower part from a 9000 strut and use that part just for the bracket???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.