Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running the 17x8 OZ Alleggerita wheels on a 99 9-3 or similar? What tires?

Do they need any spacers to work? I will be running a coilover setup from Nick.

I'm looking at that setup and from the research I have found it looks like a 235/40-17 will be the best tire for autocross use.

Any help?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm running 225/45/17 OZ ultralaggera on my Viggen, I see no reason to go wider.
Just look for areas where rubbing occurs. I had to remove the splash guards on the front because they would hang up in reverse when turning and rip them off.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
run a 225. it will fit, and keep a sturdy sidewall since it wont be on the lower end of the wheel width range. of course i guess that depends on the tire too.

a 225 to a 235 will make next to no difference grip wise.

what is the offset?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
run a 225. it will fit, and keep a sturdy sidewall since it wont be on the lower end of the wheel width range. of course i guess that depends on the tire too.

a 225 to a 235 will make next to no difference grip wise.

what is the offset?
They are a 40 offset.

Lol on the treadwear. We run 140 treadwear tires for STX class.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
8" 40mm should be good. Depending on the sidewall contour you might need to run a 2-4mm spacer or so.

My 235/40-17 Slicks are on BBS CH 7" 17s with a 42 offset. Ran a 4mm spacer to clear the brakes. Ended a bit too wide, giving a bit more steering feedback under power than I was used to.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
They are a 40 offset.
225 will most likely fit with no spacers, a 235 would most likely not.

due to your driving style for the setup i would run a 225 with 5mm spacers for a little comfort zone.

·
Registered
422 Posts
4 17x8 O.Z. Alleggerita HLT Anthracite In Stock $1,116.00
4 Required centering ring In Stock N/C N/C
4 235/40ZR -17 Sumitomo HTR Z II In Stock $316.00

Sent you a PM, but I have this setup, if you want them... you can pick them up in Columbia, SC for $900.........300 miles or less on the setup, like new....the tires are cheap but they stick quite well. Putting the Ronals or Vikings back on for selling my car..... oh, and no rubbing on my setup, lowered with Vogtland springs and Koni dampers

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I will run a 235/40-17 to start. It looks like the 40 sidewall aspect ratio will be best with the 17 inch rims because of the gear ratios. I need to get around 60-65 mph in 2nd gear for National Tour events and I think that height should give the best limit with my calculations.

Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts