Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys/gals I am here to humbly beg you for any help you guys can provide, this car has now officially made us go broke with the parts needed, when we were replacing the rear brake hoses there are valve bodies in each brake line that are broken now from so much rust eating away the metal (see pic for the part in the red box that broke) that the threads from the valve bodies are showing and it WILL break/leak if I reuse them. We went to our shop here and they want 210 euro ($292.08 USD) EACH BEFORE tax of 20% plus shipping (the other BS is they tax the shipping too!!) and I need 2 :cry: :cry: :cry: We are broke now after just buying the other brake parts (see other thread) and cant afford this latest hit :( is there anyone here that has a used set? Anyone here that is parting out their car at this moment and can part with these soon? I really need these parts bad and fast and cannot afford much more than some milk or soda right now, I can do payments later but not all at once like the shop wants, we badly need our car running very soon but without these there are no brakes or sticker saying its road legal :( Please help if you can, I will buy you a beer or 2 or 3 (or your choice of beverage) if ya want :) hell maybe I can send over some of this funky Austrian stuff, its different LOL. Again thank you all for so much help the last few weeks, just hope I can return it someday in a meaningful way. And if you can't help thats ok too, it doesnt hurt to ask, the worst that can happen is you say no.

Brian C.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are these valve bodies? In the brake line yeah but where? Near the wheel? Near the master? Are these on the lines for the front or rear brakes?
They are right at the end of each rubber hose in the back by each rear wheel, the passenger side hose is mounted to the axle and goes up to the valve body also near the coil spring on that side, the drivers side is mounted to the top near the coil spring and muffler/exhaust pipe. BRB going to go see if there is enough juice in the cam for a pic or two under there.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ugh, I feel for you....SAAB's can bankrupt their owners too easily. I'll see if there might be a used set at the SAAB repair shop my father works at.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Location Pics

Ok here are some pics of the locations of these parts. One has been removed already. Box indicates where/what.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
DAMN - you got rust issues there! Yeah - like I said, I have from those green lines all the way out to complete assemblies :( PM DeLorean or PaulH from Epartsland and see if they can hook you up for way less $ then new. They are junk yard dogs - so finding what you need should be easy for them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stig had an issue with the same thing im pretty sure, might want to check on some of his threads
Just found that thread, thats even worse news :( :( :( I was going to just run another line and bypass that thing temporarily :( but not now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all!

Hey guys, just to let you know it was with MUCH regret and humility that we went to our landlady and asked if it would be possible to postpone this months rent so we can repair the car, she agreed on the condition that next month is 1.5 times normal and same with the next so that freed up some much needed funds. We then purchased the parts online from the US and hope that they will be here soon. I really thank all of you for any thoughts and help you have/may have given, I hope that out of the people that read this thread that you thought for a brief instant if any help you could provide was possible, to even think of helping a complete stranger on another continent is not found very much in this day and age of scams and con artists. Again THANKS!!!!!! I just hope we dont find more bad things with this car LOL, leather seats are but a dream for it right now............maybe one day.

Brian C.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I don't know why I didn't see this thread bumped yesterday. I was going to head out to the garage and pull them off my parts car, but I didn't want to commit till I could see them, and last night I had to help somebody move. Sorry to hear that you had to buy them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Should've just put some stainless braided lines in.
Trust me we thought of that, but it would change the brake bias too much and possibly change how the ABS works too, alsoif the rear brakes lock during the test drive with the mechanic the car fails also, god I hate these inspections.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know why I didn't see this thread bumped yesterday. I was going to head out to the garage and pull them off my parts car, but I didn't want to commit till I could see them, and last night I had to help somebody move. Sorry to hear that you had to buy them.
Hey its ok, just keep us in mind in case there is an issue with the shipping or such please!! If they dont have the parts in stock in a fast enough time can we possibly purchase yours? :)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Hey its ok, just keep us in mind in case there is an issue with the shipping or such please!! If they dont have the parts in stock in a fast enough time can we possibly purchase yours? :)
Yes, I can help you out, but I haven't seen mine yet. I have a 95 900 SE parts car and so they should be on there. I haven't been out to the car, and probably won't make it out there tonight. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I feel your pain, my car just cost me a good amount. I did most of the work myself, save for a trip to S&S in Warrenton VA for some time with the Tech 2 to determine some of what was going on.

Just keep us posted, I'm sure someone on here can come up with the needed pieces if the parts you ordered don't cut it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jeez its just like trying to find a job back home these parts are so hard to get. We got an email from the company we ordered from, went a little like this: "The parts you have ordered are not in stock and will take 4-6 weeks to arrive to us for shipment, your order therefor has been cancelled" Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo back here again looking for help :( :( Still have those parts Tboy?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts