Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got brand spanking new seats for my 9-3 and my dad decided to put them in a room at the shop and 3 weeks later i come back and mold grown on them ): i cleaned them the best and brought them home in my garage and time to time i would take them outside in the sun to try to permanetly kill the mold. so now they look great but they still smell the same....i got a qoute from a nearby upholstery and they said they will disenfect it for 360 cause they gotta take the seat cover off and get to the foam....i really dont want to pay 360 for it!!
is there any biologist here whos an expert on mold can help me out?
remeber i cleaned the surface and it looks new but it smells the same. is that the smell from the dead spores or what??? ugh!!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mold only grows where/when there is water, so put them in a room somewhere where they will be dry and place containers of damp rid or the such near them for a few days. The smell will go away when the mold dies.

And you could always spray them with febreeze :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is most common and inexpensive at Walmart. I keep a container in each vert.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I keep my containers inside of the jumper cables so no spills :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea my seats are 100% clean. what im saying is that it stills smells the same as it did with mold. im afraid if i put them in my saab then 3 years later i die from breathing the spores. within the seats. so is my mold dead? and if so then why does it smell the same?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts