Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up all. I just started working on my beautiful 1998 900s with 72xxx miles. Anyways, I've installed an FM modulator so that I can hook up my ipod to my stereo (through the radio of course). So I got that working and it's awesome. But now I'm trying to make a nice mount for my iPod. I got a cell phone cradle that is really tight and it's looks just plain cool. But it's situated next to the passenger seat. The modulator is situated next to the drivers seat... Now I must admit that I wasn't the one who installed the modulator :oops: so I don't know how to get under the general area of the shift boot. Does anybody here know how I might get a wire from the passenger seat to the drivers seat by going under the shift boot (or that general area)? Thanks in advance. Laters

-Max
by the way, here's a link to pix of my car: http://www.xpfreedom.com/misc/saab/

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Max

Man, im glad your on here. Its extremely hard to find people that mod their Saabs in the midwest...especially from Kansas City. Thats where im from (Overland Park actually).

About the wire. The best place I found to run wires from the passenger side to the driver side without doing much dismantling is right behind the AC Panel. There are two panels (one on each side of the center console underneath the dash and under the glove box. I think there are 2 screws for each panel holding it on. Take these screws out and pop the panels out. Once the panel is off on both sides, you will be able to see straight through the other side. Just slide any wires through there.

Hope this helps, and if u have any more questions just let me know.

Ced

1 - 4 of 4 Posts