Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year from your newest member... I have a '92 9000CSE, after a few 900's and the odd transgression along the way. Why a 9000 after 900's which must be the best car ever built? Probably better not answer that one. Next question welcomes replies, though: can anyone help? We've got a fuse repeatedly blowing on the offside side-light/tail-light circuit, which also means no control or dash lights either. Something is stealing the power, but where or what? Does anyone know of an independent as good as Steve at SS Motors in Southampton who can help me keep the Auntie on the road and happy in Dorset?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
yeah, I've had this happen to a few of my fuses, the fix i've found - go about 5 amps bigger on the fuse and it should cut the blowing factor WAY down, plus it's only 5 more amps so there is LITTLE it could hurt, if any.

And Welcome aboard - always glad to see another 9000 member :) our area is rather dim and silent right now :roll:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome to the site!! Hopefully Burnside's suggestion can help you out ;) Some wires may be shorting out, but they can be quite difficult to find :roll:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Following Help! from Dorset, England..

Thanks to you all three. We did try the 5 amp heavier fuse, but she's blown that again. We'll try same again and hope, but as has been said, the bad connection could be tricky to find. Will let you kow the answer if and when it is found.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
If you can, try to full out the taillight, or side light that the fuse is connected to and look for a loose wire thats connected to the harness. When exactly does the problem occur?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Help etc. Dorset

The car is new to me, but was my sister's before and she says no such problem occurred before - amazingly, I do believe her - and so far we have blown only one fuse. I havent tried another yet. It blew when the headlamps were on. I'll check the wiring around the fittings in each case front and back tomorrow. Thanks for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts