Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Hoped in the SPG this morning to head to work, and it the clutch grinded as I put it in reverse to back out of the garage and driveway. I noticed that the clutch pedal did not come back up to put it in a forward gear. My Saab is now sitting on the street in front of the house with a clutch pedal to the floor. There does seem to be some newer liquid substance on the ground near the forward part of the engine.

I'm sure some of you guys could tell me exactly what the issue is. I suspect something with the hydraulics,. Please let me know your thoughts and the best way to remedy the issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't taken a look at the Bentley manual yet, but how complicated is replacing the slave cyclinder? Where is a good place to buy a replacement?

We were hoping to go camping this holiday weekend, but I don't clutch work to be haunting me as I am trying to enjoy the weekend.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
VIsually inspect the hose. It should be dry. The mostly fail at the slave end. A cheap fix is to pull it out and take it to a local hydraulic supply shop that can custom make a braided (ideally) or rubber low pressure replacement. Has to be brake resistant. We have a local truck supply that is open 24hrs and can custom make them as you wait for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Thanks for the tips!

I'm pretty sure I have found my leak. It's coming from the hydraulic hose where the braided line meets the metal portion just down from the slave cylinder. I presume there is not a good way to fix this leak besides replacing with a new clutch hydraulic hose, correct?

Just to make sure. How would one check to see if the master cylinder is still good?

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you can see the leak, I wouldn't bother checking the master. It would be a pretty off chance that they both fail at once. And yes the way to fix it is with a new hose. Thankfully that is very easy to replace.

·
User
9,193 Posts
Anything clutch related on a c900 is very easy to replace. ;)

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks for the tips!

I'm pretty sure I have found my leak. It's coming from the hydraulic hose where the braided line meets the metal portion just down from the slave cylinder. I presume there is not a good way to fix this leak besides replacing with a new clutch hydraulic hose, correct?

Just to make sure. How would one check to see if the master cylinder is still good?

Thanks!
As Nick said :

A cheap fix is to pull it out and take it to a local hydraulic supply shop that can custom make a braided (ideally) or rubber low pressure replacement. Has to be brake resistant. We have a local truck supply that is open 24hrs and can custom make them as you wait for pretty cheap.
Look for a place near you. It will likely be cheaper than getting one from the net or a parts store. I go to my local place which is part of the Omni Services network which is a northeast only company. You can check your local yellow pages for someplace similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts