Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago the car (witch has been boosting at right around 10psi), started boosting to 15 psi. I immediately blamed the bpc valve and proceded to drive it for a few months with all intentions of fixing it as soon as I could find a bpc in a junkyard. Well just the other day it started only boosting to 5 psi under full throttle. No bucking or missing, everything seems to be working just like it should, just less power. I changed the bpca. And changed to another DI I had sitting around. Same thing. I inspected all the vacuum hoses around the intake manifold and around the bpc and everything looks solid. There are no boost or vacuum leaks that I can see.

What should I be looking for next? What to troubleshoot?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
pull the W hose and go for a brief and carefull test drive, make sure it boost to infinity. if it does this than the wastegate and turbo functions properly.

afte this check spark plugs, Di Bpc, unless they are brand new they could still be bad

next check the MAF.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All wastegate linkage appears to be intact and not rusty.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Check to make sure the kill switch behind the brake petal is not mkaing contact. If it is there is your problem! The switch is ment to kill the boost when you hit the brakes! Do you find that your brake lights are frequently on when you get out of the car?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it correct that the "C" hose goes to the compressor, the "W" hose goes to the wastegate, and the "R" goes the the intake hose?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well heres what happened......

At some point along the line my dumbass hooked up the compressor and wastegate hoses off the bpc wrong, they were switched.

I put them back where they were supposed to be and all is well again.

*Facepalm*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts