Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, my name is Jordan I live in central Maine, and Im looking to buy a 1993 9000 cse turbo dogomatic it has TCS and a red DI. not sure on miles right now. My buddy just mentioned that he is selling it for $500. figure it will be a good car to get me back and forth to work, till i can get a newer 9-5.I have always been intrigued by saabs since the 9-3 and 9-5 came out. never noticed them before that.But back to the car, my friend says that the radiator hoses need to be replaced because the inside of the hose is starting to become "gummy" as he worded it. He has since stopped driving it, about 3 weeks now. Im gonna take a stab in the dark and guess around 165k miles, ill update when i find out probably tomorrow. My take is that any car that is inspected and will take another sticker is worth $1000. well my friend is cutting me a deal because this car will take another sticker after april when the current inspection runs out. Now what i would like to know is your opinions, I have no pictures to share yet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he said the hoses were squishy and the inside of them feels like silicone. another of my friends said the antifreeze might have become acidic and is eating the hoses? im not sure but i do know im going to drain the rad and fill with new antifreeze and new hoses.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Welcome Jordan, fellow Mainer huh? Awesome, I love meeting people on here from Maine. I'm in Rockland. I love those 9000 CSE's, I think you're gonna like it!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yeah its neat to meet people anywere on the internet from maine I think. It just seems like there arent that many people online up here. I live in dover-foxcroft, its about 2 1\2 - 3 hours north of rockland. I already know that I like the car, Ive driven it before but didnt pay attention to anything because I never thought I would be buying it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
haha, I agree, it's very sparse the population of people on the internet who are from Maine. Ya I've only been up to dover-foxcroft like 1 or 2 times. I'm 15 by the way, still on my permit, but a total Saab lover at heart!! good to meet you!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts