Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I start with a clip or two on my car, which is a quite fast one.

Most of the SAAB's I race against have to eat my dust, but not everyone. There are some real SAAB beasts out there to :D

http://saab.ath.cx/community/tony418/Sierra%20p%e5%20v%e4g.mpg

http://saab.ath.cx/community/tony418/Ernst.mpg

When it comes to acceleration, this car is capable to play with (in some certain ways) prominent cars like Murciélagos, Gallardos, MB/McLaren SLR, and even the newest BMW M5 V10 and many more.

Do you think it sounds more like Ripleys Believe It Or Not.....? :lol:

Dr Tinnitus

·
Registered
461 Posts
They are talking about us in swedish again I just know it :shock: . J/k I like your car very nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Osiris said:
They are talking about us in swedish again I just know it :shock: . J/k I like your car very nice.
Heck, you shouldn't have skipped those swedish classes in school! :wink:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Damnit bollman... i know your talking about my mother again... thats not very cool man. :eek:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Nice ford you have there with a Saab Engine, i like how you did that. Also the pictures on your server are very intresting., that is a good sleeper as bollman already said.

Dan

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey, what did you do for a transmission on your car. Also, did you develop an adapter plate or a whole new bellhousing for the saab motor. Awesome swap btw, Ive been thinking about putting a 2.3 into a datsun 280z for a while now :twisted:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spgdude

I use two different gearboxes from BMW.

One from a -92 535 E34, a Getrag 5sp. with overdrive on fifth. This one is almost right on when it comes to gearing, but very stubborn if you try quick gear changes. With this one I use a self made adapter plate.

The other gearbox is from a -95 BMW M3 E36, a ZF with no overdrive on fifth. Modified bellhouse so no adapterplate with this one. This one is much faster when it comes to quick gear changes.

/Tony

·
Registered
556 Posts
Interesting, thanks for the info. Looks like my dream project could become a reality. So I have some more questions for you. This time on wiring, how hard was the wiring to do, considering you kept the trionic intact. I figure you would need to do alot of wiring into the ingnition area, for the switich to turn on fuel pumo, ecu, and send the signal to the starter. Any info would be appreciated.
And when I ask this I think many others would like to know also, what are your modifications, that thing sounds pure evil :twisted: .
John

·
Registered
299 Posts
what do you run on the 1/4 mi. you should put some big slicks ot that i bet you could lift the front wheels off the ground. and welcome to the site. and do you have any dyno charts

·
Registered
299 Posts
What are you using for video editing? and how did you compress it enough to download so quickly, and still retain image quality? I have a pretty good digital camcorder, but can't seem to get it online.... hmmmm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
turbokick

The best 1/4 mile is 13,15/173 kmh (107.5) starting the car carefully in second gear at some 2500 rpm because of the skinny tires 175/70x15, and no limited slip differential. If I start in first gear it's much more difficult to moderate the power, it tends to easily be to hysterical.

0-60 mph is 5,16 s with no limited slip and a "soft" start in second gear.

By the way. In the tire smoking video. Everything was done in third gear, even the start at the end. A limited slip was used that day for testing.

I use skinny tires just because I like to have a really discrete car, a sleeper....

goviggen

I have a good DV camcorder, and I use Adobe Premiere 6.5 to editing the video. I don't really remember exactly what I used or how much I did compressed it. But I'm very tired of seeing clips on the web that is compressed to disaster. I is small to watch and looks like shit even in small size, and if you dare to make larger it looks like my bathroom, just tiles everywhere.....

So I try to make my clips in a decent format so they can be watched in almost full screen with good enought quality. Of course the clip will be larger but I thing it's worth it. At least for those with broad band connection.

Dr Tinnitus

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I wnted to say how awesome that was well before it got to the point of 13+ replies - but my internet was down - but I'm back - and that is frikken awesome! 8) :lol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
cool car.was that a swedish car convoy or something, as there were a lot of saabs and even a ovlov

1 - 16 of 16 Posts