Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Martin (fliptopbin on saabscene, MartinMGR on saabcentral).

I drive a 2000 Rover 25 1.6 iS at the moment which is great, but currently looking for my first Saab - either a late ng900 SET or a 9-3 SE Sport/Aero - depends on the kit and the price really!

Many Saabs in the family though - my dad has had:

87 900i, 4 door, white
91 900i 16v, 3 door, blue
93 9000 CSE 2.3T, scarab green
94 ng900i, coupe, blue
97 9000 CSE 2.3T Anniversary, blue

And my brother currently has:

96 ng900 2.3, coupe, black.

Can't wait for mine 8)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome to TSL:) Yea you definately have a Saab family. I have had:

92 900 SE
85 900 Turbo
and now have a 96 900 SE Turbo

My mother has a 96 900 SE V6, and my sister a 92 900 SE as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh - my second post 10 months later :lol:

Well, I did buy a Saab in the end, and here she is :

Bought it in July - c900 T16S Aero, black leather, aircon, 115k miles.

We're having lots of fun together 8)

·
Registered
461 Posts
It looks way nice. Congrats on the buy. You'll soon be obsessed just like the rest of us.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
nice car... you should be having fun

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Osiris said:
It looks way nice. Congrats on the buy. You'll soon be obsessed just like the rest of us.
Heh - I already am obsessed! My dad has driven Saabs for the last 15 years and I've been looking for "the one" for the last 2!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
that should be "the one" that looks dam good....soooo clean....want to touch

oh and welcome

im on my 4th saab sence the DMV let me drive....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was clean then!

It's filthy at the mo - it's my first black car, and it really needs cleaning every week. Unfortunately don't have the time, and worse I have no garage and frequently have to park under trees so it gets covered in cack again :(

Still, might have time tomorrow pm!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Certainly is, previous owner was a UK SOC regional chairman :)

I rather like it. I do get worried that there are so many badges on it they will get lifted one Friday night... <fx:looks out of window>

Thanks for the compliments on the car - the paintwork looks okay when I've polished it, looks like glass in that pic! There are a few rust spots that need treating, and the door bottoms have seen better days. Couple of bits of seat stitching that needs sorting as well - it has the Carlsson seats with the suede inserts. Also, both front windows are scratched quite badly so might replace them sometime...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
MartinMGR said:
Couple of bits of seat stitching that needs sorting as well - it has the Carlsson seats with the suede inserts.
I want to see what those look like - never seen that before, please take some pics and post.

Welcome man, nice find - she's REAL clean! What year s that - 88 or 89? Beaute. no matter how ya look tho man - awesome find!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Registered in October 90, but it's a 91 model (so the stronger gearbox 8) ) Quite a find, considering that cars with aircon over here are like rocking horse droppings anyway! The fact that it was low(ish) mileage, black, and had black leather was the icing on the cake :cheesy:

I'll take some piccys later on and put them up. I didn't realise they were Carlsson seats but somebody has some for sale on ebay in grey, so I think they must have been specced from new. It also has the dash tweeters and other bits and bobs so it was specced right up - was a company director's company car.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome back ;)

It looks really clean. I love that jet black color.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A couple of pics of the seats - driver's seat base with stitching needing sorting next to the suede bit, and passenger seat back with a bit of stitching needed, again, along the suede.

Supremely comfortable, although driver's seat isn't very securely fixed down, something for the MOT :eek:

Very rare combination of black car and black leather, not seen it before, most of tan or grey.

·
Registered
119 Posts
that is a beautiful c900!SO shiny.I love shiny.Much better that that dreadful red car in the pic!

*dons flameproof jacket,pants,and helmet and hides in a bomb shelter*

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:shock:

That "dreadful red car" in the pic is my dad's mint '93 c900 LPT Aero Convertible with 70k on the clock!

And the bike is my brother's (one of many!) - Honda Pan Euro. He also has a Kwak GPz500S, GPz1100, and a ZZ-R600. Mmmmm.....

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
oh wow - never seen those before - not sure if I like it - but it's deffinatly neat. I still think those are Charcoal grey seats tho - I dunno hat's black about them. Still looks real nice. These are my seats :p

Those are in my 89 SPG - from a 91 c900

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They look nice.

I think it's a trick of the light, the ones in my car look much darker in the "flesh".

Mush get that stitching repaired though...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts