Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's life everyone?..

Just joined... and this is my first post!.

Nice Forum!.

In case you don't know me.. I'm one of the regulars on Saabscene. http://www.saabscene.co.uk... I see a few familiar names!

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Welcome Mark! Hope you become a regular here too! Thanks for checkin us out.

Kyle

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Hey Mark. Glad to see you joined! Hope you enjoy the site.

Cedric

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay!,,

I've currently got a 2001 (which I've had from new) 9-3 Coupe.

It was ordered as an 'S' model, which in Europe meant that it had 15'' alloys, a boot spoiler, a sharkfin carphone antenna on the roof and air-conditioning... along with all the usual 9-3 basic stuff like electric central locking with remote control, electric windows, power antenna, quad airbags etc.

I ordered it with the following extras, metallic silver paint, the AS2 Saab CD Stereo, a Nokia handsfree phone installation with boom microphone, front fog lights and 16'' Aero wheels.

The first modification I did was replace the springs with Eibach progressive lowering springs... it improved the looks of the car, but made the handling of the car a little worse.

I then had Koni adjustable dampers fitted (made a heck of a difference to the handling) and the full Abbot Racing Viggen Rescue Kit to dial out torque steer.

I also installed the Abbott Racing ECU upgrade to take the power up a little... along with a JR sports air filter.

I then replaced my 16'' wheels with 17'' Saab 9-5 Aero wheels.. they looked great.. but made the car's handling suffer.. turn in got less precise.. and the car tramlined more.. so I swapped them with a friend back to 16''.. this time the Saab viking wheels. Much better.. and a good strong light wheel. Tyres are now very sporty Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions.. in my opinion one of the best tyres you can have fitted to a Saab.

I've replaced the interior of the car, from velour cloth to Saab leather seats front and back.. also replaced the steering wheel with the Saab sports steering wheel (same as viggen and aero). I've replaced the rubber gearknob and gaitor with the Saab leather ones. I've also replaced the dashboard with the Saab carbon fibre dashboard (same as the viggen).

The stereo has been upgraded a bit. I've fitted the Saab AS-3 Harmon Kardon door speakers and the extra Saab Amplifier in the passenger footwell... I've replaced the stock dashboard speakers with Boston FX3s and the stock rear parcel shelf speakers with Infinity Kappa Reference 6x9s.

The plastic side sills have been replaced with the full colour coded Saab Airflow body kit, found on the later SE models.

The exhaust back box with the Saab Sports exhaust .. the same as the one on the Viggen.. (made by Remus).

At about the same time.. I upgraded a 9000 2.3 Turbo Griffin I had at the time too to quite high spec...

Had the engine fully rebuilt at Abbott Racing, including a gas flowed head, an uprated wastegate actuator, Abbott Racing ECU.

The car had it's full exhaust replaced with a full 3'' JT system. The airfilter was replaced by a JR filter.

All the bushings and mountings were replaced with Abbott Racing poly bushings.

The complete suspension replaced with Koni Adjustable dampers, Abbott Racing Springs, Abbott Racing rear sway bar.

16'' Two tone colour Aero wheels with Bridegestone Potenza S-03 tyres.

The gearbox completely refurbished and a VDO boost gauge fitted. I removed the air-conditioning rubbish in the front of it to improve airflow to the intercooler. Running at 1.2Bar boost.. she made circa 270HP... lovely car... I sold her when I purchased the Audi / Porsche RS2 Avant Quattro.... now that is another story.. and one very fast car... The Audi will be remapped at Mihnea to give 360hp and 550NM torque in January. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts