Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today on the coldest day, the blower on the heater just stopped working. I checked the #22 fuse and its fine and also did the Auto/Off diagnostic and at first it gave me a 0 then I got 1 on the drivers side and 6 on the other. The heat still seems to be working just no blowing, What to try next?? Thanks

BTW its a 2000 9-5 V6

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
So today on the coldest day, the blower on the heater just stopped working. I checked the #22 fuse and its fine and also did the Auto/Off diagnostic and at first it gave me a 0 then I got 1 on the drivers side and 6 on the other. The heat still seems to be working just no blowing, What to try next?? Thanks

BTW its a 2000 9-5 V6
Sounds like the blower motor landed on a dead spot on the armature or the brushes are toast. Turn recirc. off, enable your preferred vent setting and crack the sunroof... the venturi effect will draw warm air through the core and out through the vents and if you're really, really lucky, it will turn the fan over just enough to energize the winding and it will blow on its own until it lands on that dead spot again. Consider a new fan motor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you. They both seem like fairly simple fixes...lets hope I don't need a new motor. Yikes! If not for just the cost, I don't want to have to pull that damn thing out. Going to try the cracking of the sunroof while lighting candles and chanting right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so got under there and thought I would try something. I pulled the rod out of the second lever (the upper one its yellow on the passenger side) then the fan started to blow again, just until i turned the car off. When I turned it on again no blowing. So I am assuming it has something to do with that lever, but I got to it and it looks fine. Any ideas??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I am thinking its a short somewhere because I drove it today and it randomly came on and stayed on a few times while being disconnected from the lever and rods. Also moved the pieces around and it started the blower. Interesting stuff. I'm not sure how to ground it, but I guess I'll look it up.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Not a short carl is right probably bad bushes in the motor.. you can buy generic ones and repalce them, there is a thread here ( or on saabcentral)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alrighty gonna try for the brushes soon...luckily its warm right now. Any suggestions on how to get the wipers off I hear they are pretty tough. Anyone use a puller?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a Heads up it was the blower motor, luckily found a fella on craig's list parting out and got it installed for $100. Now I have heat. Thanks for the help, but I have a new problem now. I guess I will start a new thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts