Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Donno if this is new but it's new to me, apparently Saab is phasing out the griffin. Heard this from someone who had a convo with a Saab product rep. Discuss.

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
While I love the griffin, I'm not sure its continued use means much to new car buyers. Times change and things evolve. Saab is currently going through a rebirth of sorts and changing the logo is a great way to visualize/symbolize change and new vision. Companies across all industries do the same exact thing all of the time.....Pepsi, Taco Bell, KFC, Ford, Google, Microsoft, IBM, etc etc....

The griffin has had its run and now it's time for something different. While sad, it will mark the change in visions and mark the start of a new era for Saab. It would be awesome to be on a design/marketing team during the creation of whatever they'll use next.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
This has already started on the new 9-5 and 9-4x:

I'd love if they went back to an updated version of the airplane logo. To this day it remains one of my favorite logos of all-time, and not just because I'm biased. It looks so cool/classy/awesome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts