Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what I'm looking for, if it's super awesome and a good deal I'd consider a 91-92 turbo trans, but I'd like to keep the gearing that I have now preferably. Just testing the market now, the car hasn't crapped out yet. Or of someone wants to rebuild the diff, I'd entertain that too, it makes some nasty noises.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Why not get a 91-92 trans, and swap over just the differentials if thats all that wrong with the aero trans.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would that work? I do have a 91 trans that bound up (shift rail dislodged or something maybe) but is otherwise complete, its jacked, when in neutral i have first gear, and pretty much every other gear it stalls. I never really looked into which part of the trans varies from year to year, plus i've never torn a gear box apart, so its kind of scary territory for me.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I agree. But whats to lose. If both gearboxes are (almost) dead. why not try to make one good one?

I'd check the EPC to see if the internal diffs match up.

A quick look at the EPC shows that while the internals of the differential may be different, it seems the entire differential case is the same. So it may drop in. But dont quote me. This is just me thinking out loud, and telling you what the EPC says.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
i think all 93's have the long ratio, but there is nothing wrong with the 91-92 boxes as well

i may have one soon, if i decide to rip it out of my 9k

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
except for the gearing.. :) i don't like taching 4 grand at 80 or whatever it was.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i may be exaggerating lol, but its much higher than my 93.5 gearbox. I had turbo boxes before, i guess its not as annoying now that i have a quiet exhaust, i just liked the fuel mileage i've been getting, and i don't have to shift every 5 seconds when driving around town. Honestly if the box is perfect and low mileage, i'd go with another 91-92, i just really don't wanna swap another one in for a while after this next one, i was ready to torch my car after all the crap that happened last time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts