Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the repeated topic but am new to the forums. Looking for information on replacing a cracked/damaged headlight. I am finding two options on most web sites. That is, a full headlight assembly for around $200-250 or just the lens for $60-90. Any insight on this? I did read through the thread on the protective film that can be applied to the lamps and definatley plan on doing that. This is the first car I've ever had with actual glass lamps. I'm accustomed to the plastic junk!
thanks.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
definitely get the films, for 40 bucks or so, it will save you hundreds in the long run, you may never need to replace any lights again, just the bulbs!

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=332

The set that autosport sells covers the headlights, foglights and turn signals. It is easy to install in about 30 minutes and you can't even tell it is there. It does leave some cloudy spots as they mention in the directions, but they clear up in a few weeks as it dries out over time.

If only they made this product for the windshield, too. :lol:

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
oh yeah, you can probably just do the lens.

check uneedapart.com or your local junkyard if you don't wanna pay for a brand new one.

the foglights are a different story, you need to buy the whole assembly if it cracks- $150 for a 9-3!!!! After that happened once, i got the protective films. I don't need to have that happen again.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
id like to let u guys know they do have a film that also covers the front of the car, the bumber hood and fenders, it is made by 3m but i dont remember what it is called.... my friends shop does it

·
Registered
556 Posts
Check ebay, got a headlight for a 96 900 for 30 bucks off there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Agree with Tweek, aftermarket is the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts