Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Lot's of opinions on this. Some guys will say it works great, some will say you'll just crack the manifold. Personally, the people I know who've used it (mostly on bikes, one guy on his downpipe) have had no problems several years down the road. I say give it a shot, manifolds for these car's aren't hard to find if it does eventually crack.

Chris

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think it's great.... much easier while it's off too!... get it wet, put it on tight, then spray it with DEI silicon spray when it's dry...

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Yes make sure to seal it w silicone. Stainless safety wire if you are crafty can be hidden in the wrap. Make sure to fold the wire ends back in so no punctures.

Ceramic coating makes a bigger difference but is more costly.

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
is it a stock exhaust manifold? I did my DP and I was happy with the results. Got the wrap @ advanced auto. My friend did his DP in black wrap, once wet it got really messy

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
is it a stock exhaust manifold? I did my DP and I was happy with the results. Got the wrap @ advanced auto. My friend did his DP in black wrap, once wet it got really messy

Wow, that is a nice job there, wish I had the patience to wrap something that beautiful!

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts