Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
silver stars suck, they burn out after 3 months. on the other hand they are super bright. what do you guys use? i want something really bright and with a long life expectancy. i am done with silver stars, thanks!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I had osrams and they made it exactly 3 months (almost to the day).....was sucky. Chinese HID kits (well they're all chinese but i mean the cheap ebay ones) tend to die or malfunction VERY fast.....I got mine from ddmtuning.com, they are US based and seem to have good products. In any event, their ballasts seem very rugged.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
could be my car, but i did some research and it seems a fair amount of people have actually had the same 3 month issue as me with the silvania bulbs. now are HIDS a direct swap?

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i dont know why everyone thinks this.

just because HID's LOOK brighter does not mean they have more light output. i can easily make a halogen setup put out more light and give better visibility than a pnp hid kit.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i dont know why everyone thinks this.

just because HID's LOOK brighter does not mean they have more light output. i can easily make a halogen setup put out more light and give better visibility than a pnp hid kit.
Explain because I'm interested. Currently googling it.

What would be the benefit of HID's if this is possible then? Just longer life?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts