Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad bought a 00 9-5 aero with a blown head gasket a few days ago. (now we have a 9k aero, an SPG and a 9-5 aero, too bad the 9ks trannys shot :( ) The 9-5 will more than likely get fixed and then be put up for sale (my dad may keep it) but stay on the look out for a sale thread, the car is very clean. I'v been searching around to find a full head gasket set that includes valve stem seals but i can't find any. I'm almost certain the one i bought for my 9k came with the seals but i could be wrong, its been a while. Eeuro sells the seals for 4-5 dollars a pop, can i find them cheaper anywhere else? I'v bought most of my saab parts from eeuro but can i find the set anywhere else that may be cheaper?

TIA

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I'm not sure there's a kit with them
I purchased them, and the HG kit, and it wasn't terrible.
you could always take your chances with the seals being good, and just deck the head.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure there's a kit with them
I purchased them, and the HG kit, and it wasn't terrible.
you could always take your chances with the seals being good, and just deck the head.
seals are easy to check when the head is off, just check for lateral valve movement.
Sounds good, thanks for the info. I realized the other day that I bought a head for our other 95 last year but I forgot about it. It's been in the attic since then and if I remember correctly the guy who I bought it from had it rebuilt and it only has like 10k miles on it. More than likely that will get installed so no need for valve seals

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.