Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - head gasket went on the 9000 finally - the original gasket went at get this - 286,561 miles! So all day Friday and into the nite DeLorean and I were hard at work. The oil turned to a Cappuccino color and was very thick - once the water poured out the oil pan… Well - I got the head from my 86 SPG (junked and long gone car) and had that rebuilt - planed and new seals installed ($80 cash) Well - we had "issues" with one pesky exhaust stud which was still in the new head - so it had to get drilled out and tapped (3 hours wasted pretty much) After getting it all back together, flushing the oil twice (2 times) we had it running again - but it was louder then a VW! It sounded as if it was diesel, and we were both VERY concerned. After about 20 minutes of letting it idle like this it did finally quiet down - the tappets finally set themselves. Thank God! In either case - the oil is black again (need to buy more oil) and she runs better then ever. Installed an all new air intake set up - cold air of course. The Stock Diverter Valve (blow off) is really really loud now. My boost is now a spike of 15psi - and a drop back to 13-14psi. (Base is still 4psi). Had to change my original air-mass meter out too - that had gone bad and was causing some hesitation between 3 and 4 thousand rpm's and was retarding my boost. I love the feel of power and the sound of "whoosh!"

Pictures:

Now at 286,675 miles - runs great! (time to kill some Stang Gt's :twisted: )

·
Registered
432 Posts
that sounds like u were having fun man. nice pix

·
Registered
432 Posts
nice, good luck man..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts