Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
How does it look....It looks illegal! :lol: The third light is supposed to be on all cars, with pre-1986 model years grandfathered in.....

They actually look cool on the 9-3, and I bet they look amazing with the hatch fairing...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I think he was referring to the center reflecting section. This section has no lights, and was actually came painted body color on the 1994s. I plan to paint mine as soon as I get a can of paint mixed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I perfer....

You could always try to find the center piece that was on the 94-95 models. They turn up on ebay once in a while...

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
ahh, the "decor panel". I think I may have even saw those on saabcatalog.com, but there they will want much more for them than on ebay or a junkyard. I would buy the panel and paint it rather than try to paint over the
"fake lights".

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Ahhh...my bad.

The center reflector on my 97SE is cracked and pitted and looks like a rectangular slice of crap, so I'm looking for a replacement too. There was a red decor panel on Ebay a couple of months ago that sold for $25 or something like that....Of course, I didn't bid on it and said, "Ahh...those things will always come around." Those are the times I'm most in need of a dope slap...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i have a 97, and mine isn't colored like the car, it's red and reflective, should it match the car, or no?

~justin

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, you also need to change the side panels right below the rear lights because the angles on the hatch are a tiny bit different. I plan on changing my back hatch to match the 9-3 as soon as i find my friend's wrecked 9-3.

How come no one has taken off the middle piece between the lights completely and bolted the license plate up there? It would look no different from a 9-3, and that would work without a ton of work unless its not flat metal underneath that middle piece.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I believe because there are holes that would need to be filled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts