Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.invertersrus.com/301-600wattinverters.html

I contacted the above place, and the rep emailed me back with a list o fPower inverters... to just do simple stuff, like DVD player, laptop, etc.

What I want is have the outlet come out in between the seats. Ideally, in the center console, where the ash tray is supposed to be (mine did not come with one, it is just a rectanglish piece that could be easily popped out or modified. I'd like it to look custom. But I am not sure about a few things...

(1) am i in over my head?
(2) will the inverter fit inside the center console?
(3) will it get sufficient breathing space down there? If not , where else would be a good place to hide it?
(4) How the hell am I going to do this? Someone has had to have done this when hooking up at laptop or something. I really don't want one of those cigaraette one's (I 'd like it to look clean).
(5) which power inverter do you recomend (even if not in link)?

Oh yeah, I still have not hooked up by AVIC 700bt yet...waiting to do all of this at once.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Im not sure if youre in over your head or space etc, but mine has been posted right in front of my drive's seat, as its the one that doesnt move.

The inverter is exposed, if you turn your head just right, but my wires do under the carpet to the outside and the power cords (one laptop, one gps) go under the center console, next to the shifter.

I have a 400 watt and it works great for those two.

·
Registered
465 Posts
im not sure how big the inverter is but there is not alot of room inside the center console. plus i dont think it would be able to breath under there. you could mount it it the truck area and run the wiring, maybe under the passengers seat.
i dont know what car you have but if you do not have door speakers you could take off the passengers side kick panel and mount it where the amp would be?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Mine usually sits under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uhhh. How do I know if I have an amp? I have the 9-3 SE (2002), which in 2002 came with 6 speaks. Everything is stock... except for the AVIC 700bt that I am about to repalce the head unit with. So, exactly where are you talking about?

Also, what sort of wattge you rec... just want to charge lap (maybe use from time to time) and mostly, charge cell, ipod, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts