Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i get into the car cold it shifts smoothly into 1rst/2nd etc.. after driving 35 miles or so on the highway when i stop at a light/ etc its hard to get the car into gear unless its rolling.. i just put a new pedal and clutch maser in the car a few weeks ago, bled the system and it seemed like i got all the air out... the pedal is a little soft up top.. has any one had this problem

·
Registered
711 Posts
I had this on my 91 900 cvt. It got pretty bad where it was almost impossible to get 1st unless I double-clutched it right. A while later the clutch hydraulics shit the bed and the clutch no longer disengaged. I suspect it was the master, but could be the slave too. The synchro on 1st tends to suck so any contact in the clutch is not good.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured it might be the slave... damn.. well since my b-day is coming up i shouldnt have to foot the bill!!;)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by the way does anyone have one on hand.. oem prefered..

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does the entire clutch asm. need to be removed to do just the slave??

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Yep.

It wont fit past the trans unless the pressure plate tool is installed in the pressure plate. Once the pressure plate is unbolted from the flywheel, you can then remove the whole assembly.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gonna try to bleed the system again and if that doesnt fix it , im gonna go in for the plunge *gulp* im no rookie tech. but i have never done this to a c900.. what would you rate this in terms of difficulty?? any special tools other than the clutch depression tool??

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also any bleeding tricks???

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have always done it similar to bleeding brakes. It is always easier when you have a second person! Pump, Hold, Crack bleed valve, repeat! Make sure the reservoir doesnt go dry! Also as a side note, make sure that you have lubricant in your tranny!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts