Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, since i use mine a bit too much in everyday driving (and the occasional friend pulling it on me), i need to adjust now.
serves me right i know
has anyone done this before? I have a Haynes manual, so that should help right? :roll:

any sugjestions on adjustment?

Brian

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yea, I tightened mine a few days ago and it’s so much better. The brake is fully on at only half way up. To adjust it jack up the driver’s side of the rear and put stoppers under the front wheels. Then release the handbrake. The adjusting nut is located above the mid muffle. It is partially blocked by a heat shied so it helps to unclip part of it and bend it back. All you need to adjust the parking brake is a deep socket, I think around 13mm. Behind the heat shield you will see a single wire that splits in two, attached by a screw. Simply turn the nut to shorted the connection. I moved mine ½ to 1 inch, can’t remember exactly. Check the rear wheels to make sure they still rotate without any problems and feel the handbrake until you get it where you want it. That’s it. On a scale of 1 to 5 beers I rate this as a single shotgun.
Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts