Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I can sympathize with you on that, I can't count how many times I have almost been hit by car drivers not paying attention, having no perception of distance, or simply having no respect for cyclists. I have taken off two or three side mirrors by cars trying to pass me when there was not enough space and it pisses me off to no end.

Oh well, you just have to grin and bear unfortunately. :(

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can sympathize with you on that, I can't count how many times I have almost been hit by car drivers not paying attention, having no perception of distance, or simply having no respect for cyclists. I have taken off two or three side mirrors by cars trying to pass me when there was not enough space and it pisses me off to no end.

Oh well, you just have to grin and bear unfortunately. :(
worst thing was, he saw me cause I saw him look out his window and I said silently so that he could see "don't pull out" and he still did. What an idiot. haha I need to record more, maybe I'll get a video of a guy actually hitting me or me getting in an accident. My dad got clipped on his bike this summer by some jerk in a Mercedes S-Class, just cause he's got a nice car he thinks he owns the road I guess. :mad:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Looks like a nice town to cruise around in. I like the commentary, I was expecting a camera pan on the 9-3ss

That shit sucks, I was waiting for some car to come barreling from one of the side streets and blow a stop sign.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like a nice town to cruise around in. I like the commentary, I was expecting a camera pan on the 9-3ss

That shit sucks, I was waiting for some car to come barreling from one of the side streets and blow a stop sign.
Yea, I love Rockland Maine. It's beautiful and it's a nice town. I didn't even notice the 9-3ss, weird cause I usually notice and point out all the Saabs to my friends or my rents. I can't pan the camera on the mount that I have though, I should see if I can mod it to do that though good idea!!

That has also happened to me before, but I've never gotten hit. The best time was when a guy ran a stop sign and pulled out right in front of me hit his brakes and yelled "bicycles suck!" and then did a burn out on the road sped off in a 35 MPH zone and got pulled over by a cop. Hahahaha :lol:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought about not braking and just hitting him but then I though, I'm gonna get more hurt than his stupid car does. So no. haha

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yeah that kind of stinks, but be glad it wasn't worse! At first I was wondering why you were riding on that side of the road, but it's a good thing you were otherwise that car would have hit you.

That's pretty cool that you were cruising around with a camera too!

As a pretty big cyclist myself, I've observed the whole car vs. bike thing is twofold- drivers never pay attention anymore BUT a lot of bikers never follow the rules of the road and often times the biker itself is at fault. Especially around my area...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah that kind of stinks, but be glad it wasn't worse! At first I was wondering why you were riding on that side of the road, but it's a good thing you were otherwise that car would have hit you.

That's pretty cool that you were cruising around with a camera too!

As a pretty big cyclist myself, I've observed the whole car vs. bike thing is twofold- drivers never pay attention anymore BUT a lot of bikers never follow the rules of the road and often times the biker itself is at fault. Especially around my area...
I was ok there though, it was a one way 2 lane street, main st the main drag in Rockland. So you can drive/ride in either lane.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
BUT a lot of bikers never follow the rules of the road and often times the biker itself is at fault. Especially around my area...
I agree with that. In my area there are a ton of bicycles. I can sympathize with them to a degree but I get pretty frustrated with them riding double-wide on 45 mph + plus roads and rolling through stop signs and red lights.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree with that. In my area there are a ton of bicycles. I can sympathize with them to a degree but I get pretty frustrated with them riding double-wide on 45 mph + plus roads and rolling through stop signs and red lights.
You'll be happy to know, as you can see in my video. That I always stop at stop signs and don't run red lights on my bike. I obey the rules of the road just like a car. It's how my dad taught me.

·
Registered
669 Posts

Rear ended @25 by a driver going 55...
I had a double walled 90lb FRONT rim that looked like that from someone who cut me off/pulled out in front of me @ 20mph.

Bent the forks, handle bars, goose neck, and upper and lower body tubes, not to mention myself as well as I was almost paralyzed from that hit.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You'll be happy to know, as you can see in my video. That I always stop at stop signs and don't run red lights on my bike. I obey the rules of the road just like a car. It's how my dad taught me.
True you did stop for that stop sign. My big problem with bike riders is that I live on a road with no speed limit, so 55 I guess. Bikes cruise down the road side by side by side and never EVER move over for cars, making me have to fly passed them in the other lane. It can be dangerous during the summer, when the farm equipment slows traffic on stretches, and bikes cover the road with their BS ralleys.

I ride bikes off road, however.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ya that once happened when I was younger...this guy hit my front tire...if he was 2 feet closer I would of been swept away...he hit me at about 55 MPH...people dont pay attention when they drive.

But for the above pic: I can ride my bike with no back tire no back tire. =D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts