Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the air intake and it sounded amazing then i added a blow off valve and pluged the old pipe attached to the stock bypass valve when blowoff occurs i get a gurgling noise anyone know what might be the problem?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I think I read in your other thread that you have a 2000 or newer 9-3. If this is the case, you have Trionic 7 engine management which is a mass air flow based system. With a MAF type system you cannot use a atmospheric dump valve as you are releasing air that the ecu has already accounted for, which will cause odd things to happen between shifts (running rich, setting CEL etc...).

Try using the stock valve again, or getting an upgraded Forge Recerc type valve instead of an atmospheric.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Does it have a pipe going off it that returns ALL the air to the intake before the turbo? If it does then its a By Pass Valve. If it releases any air into the atmosphere, then it is the wrong type and you will have issues with a T7 based car.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Disconnecting the battery for even few seconds should be enough to clear the CEL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts