·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January 31, 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

“Return to the Mountain”

Northwest SAAB Owners Present the 2004 North American Owners Convention

The Northwest SAAB Owners Club has been selected by SAAB Club of North America to host the 2004 North American Owners Convention. In an area home to many serious SAAB aficionados, this year’s gathering will focus on the heritage that first brought SAAB fans together locally and nationally. The sprit of the SAABs themselves and their loyal owners will be highlighted. From simple 2-stroke engines to complex computer controlled engine management systems-to driving rapidly down twisty forested roads, to simply “getting there” in the worst winter storms-the spirit of SAAB remains the same.

Crystal Mountain Resort, the site of the highly successful 1991 convention will be the destination this year from August 20th through 22nd. The resort is located high in the Cascade Mountain range 76 miles southeast of Seattle, near Mt. Rainier. This gathering of SAABs and their owners will be a more intimate type of experience, with a smaller venue where it’s easy to find others at the convention if you aren’t overwhelmed by the nearly unbelievable scenery. This is as close as you will get to a Scandinavian setting without traveling to Sweden itself. In 1991 Erik Carlsson was quoted as saying, “I can’t believe it, what a wonderful place, the mountains, the forests, the pure air and our SAABs; it’s just like home.” Come share this experience. Leave the Dockers and Gucci’s at home, bring your jeans and hiking boots and your sense of adventure and of course, your SAAB spirit.

More information will be available soon, so stayed tuned.

*** Coppied from V4 mailing list

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
crap, not a chance in heck i'll be able to make it to that one. too far, and that's when college will be starting for me

~justin

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt there will be a whole lot of people from this end of the country going...
me included.

·
Registered
251 Posts
crap.....i wish i went to the hershey one.......i didnt really know about it cause i didnt go on many forums around then. this sucks :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
SOC '04

Got my SOC confirmation package in the mail last night. Can't wait. It'll be beautiful up there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
:( too far. Does anything happen in the South East?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts