1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
616 Posts
i honestly do not trust turboes from ebay ..... i have noticed that new "garetts" are just a garett stamp on the turbo and not actually made by garett ... i wouldnt pay 1700$ for a turbo off ebay .... sure id rock a cheap 150$ turbo because its ebay lol

my $0.02

·
Super Moderator
10,065 Posts
How do you get the exhaust side to work, can't tell based on pic?
ha ha - I was wondering the same thing. Looks like an old c900 T3 exhaust housing flange where the waste gate mounted on - then the DP would bolt after that. Little odd - but looks doable. Nice Price? So that is a ball-bearing turbo then?

·
Super Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Super Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i honestly do not trust turboes from ebay ..... i have noticed that new "garetts" are just a garett stamp on the turbo and not actually made by garett ... i wouldnt pay 1700$ for a turbo off ebay .... sure id rock a cheap 150$ turbo because its ebay lol

my $0.02
deff not a real garrett
the stamp is upside down compared to the T25 is sitting next to

·
Registered
151 Posts
As Nick said a couple posts earlier, just one of ATP dealers selling it a little cheaper than what they have it for on their website - here.

You'll still need to do a little fab work to make it fit perfectly - just my experience with their VW kits. It is legit Garrett BB GT2871R turbo and pretty good quality for the most part - gets most of the hardware together for you in one package.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Where does this fall power-wise compared to the 19t on a 2.3? Does this push into 400 hp(crank) territory, if running the stock manifold?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nothing left to give after 22psi on that?
Correct me if I'm wrong, what I think Nick meant there is that when you use the stock manifold the inlet pipe becomes a limiting factor with all the twists and turns to get to that location. The turbo still has more to give, check Nick's signature - he found 40 extra horses with that turbo.

So, while that may be a "bolt-on" kit, certain aspects are not optimal. Still plenty o' fun though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.