Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot go through any carwashes but the most expensive one in my area....which is good but bad.....cause it makes me hand wash it, but it if its cold and im lazy it costs me $20 to get a good wash. I was just wondering how low everyones cars are, especially lowered 9-3's or viggens. I think, since i bought my car used, that the previous owner had lowered it. I just measured and at the lowest point on the from bumper i am a hair below 11 cm which is equal to 4.2 or 4.3 inches off the ground. I measured the exact front where it is a little higher cause the shape of the front bumper and that came out to be around 13 or so cm off the ground which is 5.1 inches. The fact that my bumper is so low and that it stick out so much makes me scrape. When i first got the car it was a nightmare and now i rarely scrape. I can clear much less than a porsche can because the have such a small overhang that they can be lower and not scrape as much, but i doubt they are lower. I would just like to find out how low everyone elses car is especially a stock viggen or a lowered viggen. I was thinking if i got springs the quoted amount that it would lower the car would be for a regular 9-3 so it would be the difference of those two that it would be lowerd. I dont want to lower my car just get stiffer spring, cause when i am traveling across an intersection with a slight incline the whole car drops while hitting the incline thus scraping. Stiffer spring would help definatly and probably wouldnt drop the car much if at all. Thanks, Will

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Im at stock NG900 height, so I can't help. But what about getting adjustable Konis?

·
Registered
134 Posts
i have always handwashed my car and sense i have lowered it i have not bothered taking it threw a car wash to see if it would scrape. But when it is cold out and you want to wash you car i say the best way is to get one of the car cleaning brushes that is almost like a broom that way you dont have to get your hands wet untill you dry it off. and your hands being already warm its not so bad to do.
peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts