Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very satisfied with the Nitto NT-450 I'm running now. However, I was wondering what tires anyone else has found to be outstanding in the grip-factor.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My Dunlop Sportmax tires 215/45/17 are great street tires.
They handle predictably in wet or dry.
Definetly not racing tires, but overall they are an excellent balance.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My personal favorite is Kumho Ecsta MX. Stupidly sticky, yet IMHO much more forgiving at the limit than other ultra- or max- performance tires. Not to mention the bargain prices you can get them for.

Being careful in the rain should apply to any tire in these categories!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i had some nittos on my '96 dont remember wich ones but they worked extremely well..

right now i have the Yokohama AVS ES100s and they work well so far.. havnt tried them in the rain

·
Registered
546 Posts
I also have the Sumitomo HTR Z II tires and i really like them. 8 inch wide wheels and a really low profile also helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
those sumitomos look nice..

Those sumitomos are perty. The local tire shop always tries to push the Kumho, Nitto, and Falken brands. I chose the Nitto from an "experience" I had in my buddy's mustang cobra with the Nitto 555s. Getting the insider's deal helped my decision a bit also;) What was the price point for the sumitomo rubber?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Toyo T1-s.

No other tire has the same sidewall strength. The grip is amazing for a street tire.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I was about to buy Sumitomos as well for my stock rims. They are a really good price. Check out Sears though because they sometimes have sales on really good high end sticky tires, and usually they can come with a warranty on flat repairs and all that jazz.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the BFG KDW 2s: these are far and above the best tires I have ever driven on ever... great traction and predictability on dry, mostly dry, slightly damp and hydro happy roads.... only downfall... they are a bit loud...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts