Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant get into the classifieds on this site so i'll post it here. is anyone interested in some premium griffin rims? i found some areo 3 spoke blades so i'm trading out my rims. 15" rims will have goodyear rubber on them as a bonus. $350. saablink.net wont let me upload the 4th wheel but it is missing the center cap. 3 of 4.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
15" double-spokes, but not Griffins. Griffins are 16" and have a deeper inset. Still a very nice looking set of wheels. Good luck with the sale, they look real nice on c900 verts.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
15" double-spokes, but not Griffins. Griffins are 16" and have a deeper inset. Still a very nice looking set of wheels. Good luck with the sale, they look real nice on c900 verts.
You sir are wrong! lol The Griffin's ALL came standard with these wheels as you see them - 15" The 16" option was available for any model and is VERY rare. I have personally only ever seen 1 complete set in person ever - and they were on a 1991 or 1992 9000 base.

As for selling these wheels - you are nuts IMHO and the car will be losing much of it's Griffin appeal by getting rid of the wheels. I can understand a different set, but I would hang onto these wheels - w/out them the car will be worth far less then it currently is :)

FYI - I also have a set of the same wheels with snow tires installed on them. They make an excellent winter wheel - 15" Snow tires are cheap and effective.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
You sir are wrong! lol The Griffin's ALL came standard with these wheels as you see them - 15" The 16" option was available for any model and is VERY rare. I have personally only ever seen 1 complete set in person ever - and they were on a 1991 or 1992 9000 base.
I defer to your 9000 expertise ser. :D

BTW, I've got a complete set of the deep-dish 16s that I'm refinishing to go on the blue vert--with center caps. Are they really that rare? I picked them up for $150.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Yes - the 16" Varients are VERY VERY Rare - and the ones I saw you had posted turbocon were a very good deal for $150 I wouldn't value the 15" versions much higher then $300 in perfect shape IMHO - I think I paid like $100 for mine (they were damn near yellow/brown from brake dust) and I also bought new center caps (still available). On the 16" "Deep Dish" version you mention - it's just like the Aero wheel - chrome lips which like to corrode. Just refinish them and paint them all - no need for that silly lip unless you really want to go through the hassel of retaining the shine.

My snow tires:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I was going to paint the lip silver and paint the spokes a little darker shade. I've polished my share of rims. Don't want to go through that for these wheels.

But hey, this is a for-sale thread, so hijack over. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.