Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Im tryin to get the 'car side' of the grey plug from a guy off a 9k for my classic T5 conversion but basically I need the other side of the lug on the bottom right of this picture.

Is it located through the firewall kinda in the center where that grommet goes through? and whats the easiest way to get to it?If anyone can help me out Id really appreciate it! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It sits on the bracket that the T5 ECU attaches to, right next to the cabin blower motor.

FYI, MY1995 and newer cars most likely won't have that plug, they have a round black 24-pin connector that goes through the false firewall. If the guy parting the car has a later one with the round black connector it won't have this grey one.

He'll have to snip the wires off, that connector goes back behind the dash and goes to the fuse panel - I'd never want to try to remove the whole thing in one piece, it's a massive octopus back there.

Drew

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the harness I have has it and is from a 1996 supposedly, but is the easiestway to get to it by removing that plastic shelf between the firewall and the windshield?

·
Registered
359 Posts
My 97 has the same harness, idk about that 24 pin round one he's talking about but the plug is definitely in the fishtank. Actually pretty simple to get to.
Remove screws from the top bulkhead cover and pull it off. I don't remember/know where the car side goes after that though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts