Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
Been an admirer od Saabs for a long time and i finally picked one up the other day. A 1984 Saab 900 TURBO. It has some rust but all surface and repairable. I love the car and its quiet the remarkable peice of engineering. I am new to the turbo cars though. I know the basics but have never worked on one. I am familiar with the bosch and bosch type mechanical fuel injections seening that i have owned many a VW. I have been to a few sites with mods like the "red top" APC. I want to keep the car looking stock, i love the look of older saabs. I dont want to go to over board with mods but i do want to update some of the technology. Was thinking about a factory saab intercooler (newer of course) epdated exhaust, and trying figure out if there is any way i can aftermarket turbo components like a BOV, DV wastegate and such. Im not sure what HP numebr im shooting for but i just want better than stock right now. Any tips? Also what is the stock rating of the HP for my year and make.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
well since you have an 84 Turbo - it's an 8 Valve and it has the older style APC set up - so there really isn't much you can do for several reasons - that motor can't take much, and not many ppl know how to tune that style APC (located under the back seat) However you can still play with the air flow to get a little more pep outta the ol' Gal. Congrates on the car - and welcome aboard!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome, Welcome 8)

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the new purchase. What part of Wisco? I was born in Janesville and most of my family lives in Brookfield. Go Pack Go!!!

Kyle

·
7,595 Posts
there are some things you can do to get a little more pep out of it, but since you have an 8 valve and are running K-jectronic fuel injection the things you can do are somewhat limited power wise. you can crank a little more power out of it, but you need to get a few things in check 1st. Post in the C-900 forum and I may be able to help you on that subject.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

turbosb said:
Welcome! Congrats on the new purchase. What part of Wisco? I was born in Janesville and most of my family lives in Brookfield. Go Pack Go!!!

Kyle
Living in Sheboygan right now, came from Shawano, WI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts