Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1981 8v c900 sedan, 1990 2.0 9k carlsson, 1992 21 c900 sedan
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm Craig Dewick in Sydney, Australia, and I've been a dedicated Saabist (with a passion for C900's) since I acquired my first C900 not much more than a year ago! I live in a little suburb of Sydney called Waterfall with my wife Tiffany and our four young children (aged between 16 months and 8 years old). Our house backs directly onto the Royal National Park which is the second-oldest national park on the planet after Yellowstone! For work, I'm a train driver with RailCorp, plus I have interests in IT, model trains, electronic dance music, Australian native plants, Saab's (!), and heritage house restoration (our house is a circa-1900 ex-railway full-brick structure).

Since buying my first C900 (a 1983 900S with 8V non-turbo engine and auto transmission) I've acquired two more C900's (one working, one a donor car) and developed the Craig's C900 Workshop website from scratch. I also have a personal Saab page that is growing as time permits for developing pages about my Saab 'projects'. :cool:

I've recently joined the Saab Car Club of Australia and look forward to meeting lots of fellow grassroots Saab enthusiasts through my involvement with the club.

I've become aquainted with Ben Wells who lives in Tasmania (he's the guy behind the Snaab website), and have discovered John Hayton (aka 'hippo' in his alt.autos.saab postings) who's a fellow Saab C900 enthusiast living in Nowra, NSW (about 90 minutes south of where I live in Sydney)...

Feel freel to get in touch if you want to comment about anything Saab-related that I am up to.

Thanks for checking me out!

Craig.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Welcome to the site. We're glad to have ya 8)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Craig,

Welcome, I hope to learn a lot from you, and you here. The etiquette can be a little rough, but one of the better sites I've joined to have some laughs and speak openly.

Pleasure to have ya...

regards

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tweek's Turbos said:
Welcome, in your travels, have you ever caught a glimpse of a Bun-yip?
He he no. :cool: Nor have I run into a Yowie, but I'm sure that there are Saab's out there in the rest of Australia which have been (in)affectionately given names like that. Perhaps one of mine may acquire one of those names, or the name of another Australian native (mythical or real) creature.

Come to think of it, it's a good idea for a personalised registration plate. Here in NSW, the Roads and Traffic Authority charge A$470 to order a fully-customised set of plates, and there's an annual 'rental' fee as well. That's for a customised 6-character registration code...

Craig.

·
Registered
432 Posts
hey hows it going man! welcome to saablink

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tweek's Turbos said:
Yikes, thats $351 US dollars. :shock:

A plate here costs like $60 us and $40 every 2 years.
Well, normal plates (at least here in NSW) have no annual fee, but anything custom (including colour remakes of standard plates - which is what mine are) has an annual fee. My 900S has a grey/blue interior so I went for blue remakes which are white text on blue enamel.

There is currently a custom Saab plate for sale on Ebay and the asking price is A$600! I picked up a single, genuine, brand new Victorian 'SAAB 90' plate sometime back, but it didn't cost me and arm and a leg. :cool:

There was another genuine NSW customised Saab plate listed a few weeks back with an exorbitant price. I don't think it sold though.

Craig.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts