Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this aftermarket windscreen on ebay for only $50. I believe the OEM one is like $300+. I figured at that price I would give it a shot, so I ordered one. It arrived yesterday, and the quality is much better than I expected. At this price, I think everyone should have one! It makes such a big difference in comfort when driving with the top down.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Just bought 2 of them for my coworker and I.

·
Registered
380 Posts
At this price, I might buy another one. My kids always complain it's too windy back here, if I buy this for $50, i could use a razor blade to remove the screen from the section that covers the seats and they would have a wind block. Might need some foam to cover the hard bar...

Think this would work?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm considering buying one too. Does it come with the mounting hardware too?? :D
It came with everything except the grommets, which my car had already. I believe they're available from Saab.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I was surprised how fast they were shipped out. I bought them and sent money yesterday at lunch time and they were processed and in transit last night according to FedEx. Can't wait to get them.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Windscreen

Saw those a week ago and hesitated- almost too good to be true. Ordered mine yesterday. Nice pix of your vigvert 1/2 windows. I've been using your pictures to show people at work what my new ride looks like. Nice photography. Thanks for being the finder and guinea pig for the Windblokker!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I just installed one of the ones I got on my 'vert without the factory mounting hardware which should be here on Thursday. Works great, friggin' mint.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Very nice. I may have to order one of these for the Miata. I've always thought it would be a nice addition, but prices have kept me from ordering. This seems cheap enough to justify trying it.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Wow!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The windscreen for the SS 'vert is similar but I believe it is actually a little wider than these ones. Might be able to modify one to fit but it is definitely not a direct install.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought one of the $50 eBay Windblocker screens for my 2003 'vert. It's a great deal.

Last winter I bought a Saab one for even less & sold the Windblocker. The Saab one is sturdier and goes in & out quicker. However, the screen material on the Saab version is thicker and hence harder to see through. I think I prefer the cheap one for that reason.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I've been looking for a windscreen for the classic 900 with no luck. Can you tell me what the screen material is? Frame material is?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts