Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the idea of a car like that which requires minor work but has great mechanicals. If you do most of the work yourself you have a car that lasts that you don't care if it racks up miles or gets salt on it.

I like that car for $4500-5500. Something about a 5mt Aero wagon always gets my attention.

It's also a very slow day at work lol.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I've seen this car a few times before on eBay/CL.

Looks like an easy fix, but that car looks like a huge can of worms. Trunk floor bent, hatch bent, and alot more damaged too (hood, front bumper, radiator support , rear bumper , rear tailgate , rear door). Looks simplistic in nature, but it would cost more than people think. If somebody had access to a wrecked 06+ 9-5, it wouldn't be too bad to repair. Still though, that's only if someone can do their own body and paint work. Like Jameson says, for $4,000-5,000, it would be a good deal. At that price, you can probably have the car back on the road for $3,000-$4,000 more (even less if you can do your own paint/bodywork). For $7,000-$8,000 total, an Aero wagon would be an obvious steal. The same car still probably goes for 15k on a dealer lot.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen this car a few times before on eBay/CL.

Looks like an easy fix, but that car looks like a huge can of worms. Trunk floor bent, hatch bent, and alot more damaged too (hood, front bumper, radiator support , rear bumper , rear tailgate , rear door). Looks simplistic in nature, but it would cost more than people think. If somebody had access to a wrecked 06+ 9-5, it wouldn't be too bad to repair. Still though, that's only if someone can do their own body and paint work. Like Jameson says, for $4,000-5,000, it would be a good deal. At that price, you can probably have the car back on the road for $3,000-$4,000 more (even less if you can do your own paint/bodywork). For $7,000-$8,000 total, an Aero wagon would be an obvious steal. The same car still probably goes for 15k on a dealer lot.
Those were the exact estimates in mind. For $7-8k you could enjoy that car for 100k miles or more and not obsess over it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts