Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 99' 9-3 I've had for a few months now. Shes pretty scratched up on the hood and has a few dings, but nothing that isn't fixable.

Went out today with the intentions on getting a whole bunch of pictures, but with the wind chill making it 8 degrees, I wasn't staying out that long.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
i've always been a fan of that color.

where in hbg u located? you are probably right around the corner from me.....

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've always been a fan of that color.

where in hbg u located? you are probably right around the corner from me.....
The color grew on me, at first I found it girly (I guess) and then I realized its uniqueness as a color. It's not an ugly green.

And I'm in Linglestown/Lower Paxton. My dad owns a 00' 9-5 and I "own" the 9-3.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
yea, my 9-3 is hazelnut. also not the most manly color, but it really grew on me especially since you almost never see them modded in that color.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Silvergreen FTW!

;)

I have to say, I really dislike the wheels...it transformed the car for the better when I got rid of mine.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well yours is in much better shape.
I don't see any signs of dents or paint chipping in the front. :lol:
....but we both have ugly wheels so yayyy.

·
Super Moderator
6,721 Posts
Butt scratcher? Butt scratcher!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I want that color.

Also in for ugly wheel club membership.
steelies are a step up from deltas imo.

I just joined today. Where's my membership card?

BTW, nice ride. That color has grown on me. I will never love hazelbutt, though.
and I like how this color is 'rare'. I've only ever seen one other silvergreen saab in person, and it was the 00' one, with a different silver green I guess.

And when'd they make one in hazelnut?
nvm, googled and found some, and I agree I dislike the hazelnut.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
steelies are a step up from deltas imo.

and I like how this color is 'rare'. I've only ever seen one other silvergreen saab in person, and it was the 00' one, with a different silver green I guess.
Silver Green is a '99 only color, and I don't think they are SUPER rare, I see 9-5 and 9-3 in that color probably several times per week.

In '00 the similar color they came up with is called "Sun Green" and it is substantially different to my eyes.

As far as steelies, I agree that they do look better. 16" steelies look great in my opinion, and you can get them from tire rack for around $55/ea plus shipping. They don't list them when you do a normal wheel search, but they are available when you put together a winter tire/wheel package for a 9-5 Aero or 9-3 SE or Viggen. Probably something you'd have to call to get, but I know you can get them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts