Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
668 Posts
ive got a speed parts one on my viggen.... im quite happy with it.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
I would get a speed parts.... it looks about the same, i mean its a cone intake.... im sure there is some difference but it would be soo small you could not tell.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
wich one?

Which intake did u pick? where u happy with it? how much did it cost? im looking for one for my car just looking for some ideas.

BRAD

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats up man...

i wound up not doing an intake...i bought some stuff from Rhich and took a trip up there to get it and he thre in a K&N filter..so i bought a recharge kit and went with that...its about the same cost as the speedparts intake and probably just about as effective...next step is drilling the airbox for better flow...my whole idea with my car is to stay stealth with mods...so looking under there and seeing a bright blue filter wouldnt help my purpose any

·
Registered
432 Posts
Speedparts one is what i got, and the friggin thing came with a broke intake cone filter. .figures since its from speedparts.. so i bought a K and N nice filter and used that along with their pipe.. they did not send me screws to support the intake pipe so i made my own so it was not just hanging there like it is on my friends 9k

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: wich one?

fretrunner9000 said:
Which intake did u pick? where u happy with it? how much did it cost? im looking for one for my car just looking for some ideas.

BRAD
honestly dude, the best thing to do is make your own.. buy a NICE K and N filter, washable, which will be better then the POS speedparts one.. from what i saw.. even though mine came broken. besides that it was very thing and kinda crappy looking.. anyways.. measure the piping.. or ask nick taliaferro for the size of the piping.. measure how long it needs to be.. buy 2 metal clamps... and your all done.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in the end...you probably get the same benefit from a K&N drop in and drilling the airbox..plus it sounds like a monster when it sucks in air...kinda cool in my opinion lol

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
HKS CUSTOM i think custom is the way to go.

I need to get rid of the black tude but i will do that when i get my new turbo. Works awesome and this thing is huge compared to a cone filter.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
ya it will my dad has a 9000 and it worked fine

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
i don't have any pics and i cant take any now because we pulled the whole engine, but just take out the air box and there is plenty of spaces for that filter just need a tube.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
so building my own is the way to go? Does ne one have alittle more detailed instructions? im alittle new at this and taking out and drilling into things with out totaly knowing what im doing doesnt really seem like a smart thing. thanks for all the input though guys.

Brad

·
Registered
432 Posts
snow4_1man, thats an alright set up.. but my cone filter is definetly bigger.. i undid the plastic attached the bumper and put it into place through there.. the filter would not fit into the hole, its best for cold air .. but then again.. thats what the intercooler is for.. no need for a CAI .. i had a short ram on my 9-3 that worked fine..

·
Registered
432 Posts
fretrunner9000 said:
so building my own is the way to go? Does ne one have alittle more detailed instructions? im alittle new at this and taking out and drilling into things with out totaly knowing what im doing doesnt really seem like a smart thing. thanks for all the input though guys.

Brad
no need to drill anything! let that be known.. ok.. so to make your own.. get a metal pipe which has the diameter of the piping which is already there.. then buy a nice cone filter.. 2 metal clamps.. to remove the airbox.. there are 4 or 5 screws which hold the airbox into the side of the car.. remove those, then under the car remove the 4 or 5 screws which hold the airbox in.. remove the airbox top half from the engine bay then the second half by moving back the plastic underbody and taking it out.. may require a little muscle... if your cone filter is too big.. bring it in throught the bottom of the car.. if it is smaller insert it through the fender where the old intake was.. then tighten your clamps and try her out..

·
Registered
432 Posts
hope this helps if not.. feel free to IM me..

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hey Aerolike9 i odn't think your cone filter is bigger, i have about a 3 1/2 inch out let with about 8 inch inlet. Unless you have one of thoes huge cones that are bigger then your head.

Do you have a pic of yours in your 9000?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts