Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rear ended by a 2011 GMC Acadia. Barely a scratch on her car. I think she hit going 25-30 ish. Went to the hospital with the GF both with whiplash. We will survive. As for my Saab, awaiting an estimate from the appraiser. I hope its not totaled. What do you guys think I should do? I just paid 2k for the 100k check up, and 800 on new brakes and roters less than 2 weeks ago....

Attachments

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
You joking? Shes gone.

Sorry.

Make sure you let the appraiser/your ins company know about the new parts....you may be able to get some more money for them as well.

I'm thinking most people are gonna say, buy it back, then part it out. That is if you have the space/time to do so.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Thats rough.

Most insurance companies will take receipts for any work done in the past 12 months. Got me a few hunderbucks more for my last car.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I regret to inform that the car pictured above is certainly totaled. In the unlikely event that it would not be you should fight tooth and nail to have it deemed so. You do not want this car anymore.

Moot now but...

2000$ for a 100k checkup? What?!?

800$ on brakes? Hope you got all 4!]

I suggest you push the ins for full replacement value, $3500~. Receipts for the work will aid you.

Whiplash is nothing to trifle with. Do not underestimate the damage done to you and yours.

Glad you are still posting. Give 'em hell.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I was just kidding. I don't have the means, or time to do so where I am located, nor the place to store the parts. It's just a shitty situation, trying to make a joke out of it just hanging off the end.

I regret to inform that the car pictured above is certainly totaled. In the unlikely event that it would not be you should fight tooth and nail to have it deemed so. You do not want this car anymore.
Why do I not want the car anymore?

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
The rear muffler is held by a clam clamp with two 13 mm bolts. You could remove in about 4 minutes. The SAAB sport exhaust is NLA. Unless you pull it or buy the whole car back you won't get another chance at this.

Space to store? Store it under your next SAAB, sell it here for a 100$. You were joking, I was deadly seriously. Why are you posting here now, I'd be out under my totaled 9-3!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Show all your recent receipts to the adjuster. They can add those onto the end total when they deem it totaled... I hope you have nice coverage, b/c they are not going to fix that more then likely. Sucks - but glad you and the g/f are ok. Saab did it's job.

EDIT:
If you end up parting it out - I have a customer who could use those wheels - he has a few bent ones....

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
You don't want this car anymore because it's totalled. Even if you have it rebuilt, the things that make it so safe and let you walk away without a scratch are so compromised that a second crash would not end so well.

Sorry for your loss and take care of that neck. :(

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Sucky! Looks like a nice punch to the rear! My wife had quite a bit of neck pain from a hit that did nothing more than scratch the rear bumper of her car. Do yourself a favor and keep an eye on that!

Also, you could buy the car back and sell is as a rare Saab 9-3ti.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cars totaled. :( Now I am driving my brothers xc70 wagon and its just not the same. Im going to miss her so badly. Looking into 2008 9-3...Insurance offered 5k, im pushing for 5.8 since the car was mechanically in such good shape. Looks like I am going to the dark side for a bit, but hopefully will be back soon.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Cars totaled. :( Now I am driving my brothers xc70 wagon and its just not the same. Im going to miss her so badly. Looking into 2008 9-3...Insurance offered 5k, im pushing for 5.8 since the car was mechanically in such good shape. Looks like I am going to the dark side for a bit, but hopefully will be back soon.
:eek: I'd take it and run.

Sorry to hear about your loss man..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts