Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on a Swedish site. I didn't like the bright orange Saab. The kit looks better in this color.
www.chrizz.nu/
Click "motorbilder" at the top left, then "evenemang"

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Doesn't look to shabby in alternate colors. I think Rob (rcmdesign) had a few other pics on his cardomain page.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I tried to buy the same kit from Nick...but he told me they stopped selling them because of the exchange rate fluctuations, and problems with getting the kit shipped.

Apparently the kit is made out of fiberglass, not the polyurethane type.

I still want to get it somehow.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
The problem with the kit was with the demand. There simply was not enough intrest to justify the shipping costs. Basically the break even point was at least 10 kits. It Just did not make sense to do it for one or 3 kits. Plus it was one of those parts that i would rather not sell since I would not put it on my own car. The shipping cost was quite expensive since it had to come oceanfreight.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Of course Nicky already has the Viggen everyone wants....and from what I saw looks good already.

I still have the Clark Kent look on my NG900....don't have the cool SPG look or the Viggen look...

Still looking...

:shock: :roll:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I still like the Speedparts Lightning Kit...thats a veery nice look.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I was just thinking, maybe if someone actually bought the kit, or was given the kit for promotional reasons, and actually put it on their car, we might have more buyers! All we ever get to see is the ones in sweden in colors such as red and orange. We need to advertise the kit! There are plenty of people that probably don't even know it exists that are hooking up their Saabs right now and are loaded with cash! We are just not appealing to the larger market, and rather too focused on an assumed niche that visits taliaferro's web site, and this forum, and maybe the other forums. I would be willing to take the kit for free :) and put it on my car and take thousands of photos of the finished product, how to install it etc...We could have a page dedicated to the kit. Anyone else have some ideas?

In addition, how many people have purchased the taliaferro spoiler for the kit? I mean the only pics we get to see of that is really closeups with someone holding it on the car. Send one over to me, and I can install it and get it painted and then take pictures all around the car. I bet it looks sweet with the stock car look! Try It!!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Actually he has a good point, however you'd need sponsorship. The best way to do that is to start going to car shows, and winning some events. Then put a resume together with the shows you've won and the modifications that you've currently done to your car, and what you plan to do and explain why you'd like to be a promoter for that specific company.

Getting sponsorship can be difficult but they have to know that their product is going on a car with an enthusiastic owner. Sometimes they may not give you free products, but simply a discount.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I mean is there actually ONE SINGLE kit in the U.S. somewhere? I am not trying to get freebies, I really want to advertise this kit because I love it, and I would not like to see us in the U.S. without it cause there isn't enough interest becase it's not advertised...I am going to buy the spoiler this summer hopefully, so I can put that on either way and advertise it, so we can get more people interested, and increase demand to lower the price. But I mean how hard is it to buy the kit, put it on my car and advertise it for a year, and then when the kit gets more interest and the price goes down, I pay for the kit at full price, or at a discounted price. Just upfront the costs....Just ideas...I am sure Nick has atleast one EVO spoiler lying around the shop, since he did take those pictures (I am assuming), he could send that one over :)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I do have to say...you definately have heart. Maybe you should go straight to the manufacturer about your ideas.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I agree with that promotion plan of action - I wasn't trying to say before that it couldn't be done - but without proper proof/backing of some form it would be near impossible. Try contacting the manufacturer - make a few suggestions/offers. Another option if they are willing to give you a free kit - front them the shipping costs. They may like that idea. Good Luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts